M_Shaaban

I can't install Kaspersky PURE due to NSIS Error

I've been trying to install Kaspersky PURE 9.1.0.124 but I get NSIS Error. I had "Kaspersky Internet Security 2011" installed first, then I uninstalled it from control panel then I restarted my system and then used "Kaspersky Lab Products Remover" and then again restarted my system. I removed the browser and windows cache and restarted, and still I get the NSIS Error.

I have my GSI report, here's the link:

GSI Report

Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem with the NSIS error message when trying to upgrade from PURE to R2. Until now I tried the following:

- tried to download the instalation kit with different browsers;

- cleared the cache;

- renamed the setup program;

I don't use any download managers.

What else can I do?

Thanks!

Edited by zalin76

Uninstall old Pure > reboot before installing new PURE.

Then please delete any and all installers that you downloaded. Then clear your browser cache again and reboot, then do a normal download. Download to Desktop. Try without renaming.

If still no go, please post your GSI report link:

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool

2. Unzip, run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.

3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.

4. Now add the link to the report you have just made in your post.

Uninstall old Pure > reboot before installing new PURE.

Then please delete any and all installers that you downloaded. Then clear your browser cache again and reboot, then do a normal download. Download to Desktop. Try without renaming.

If still no go, please post your GSI report link:

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool

2. Unzip, run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.

3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.

4. Now add the link to the report you have just made in your post.

Tried to do as you said but still...no go. I found something interesting: looking at setup file properties I could noticed that the digital signature is expired. Could this be the reason for not being recognized? I attach below a print screen.

post-299885-1303807752_thumb.jpg

I don't think that my laptop is to blame but I'll post also a GSI report: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...b20a77a3f64de55

Edited by zalin76

Uninstall Pure.

Run a chkdsk and defrag your HD.

Try to reinstall Pure.

Uninstall Pure.

Run a chkdsk and defrag your HD.

Try to reinstall Pure.

I did everything you suggested. No effect... The situation now is as follows: no old Pure (uninstalled as suggested), no Pure R2 ('cause that NSIS error still appear) and I'm quite disappointed about the difficulty of a well known program installation.

Thank you for your kind advice though... I'm still waiting for a solution 'cause the security program that I'm using now worths as much as I paid for it: nothing.

Finally, the problem is solved :bv: . This is how I did it:

- dowloaded french version;

- installed it with no NSIS error messages;

- changed the language to english by pressing SHIFT+F12

There's still a mistery to me why the english version didn't work but I don't care so much anymore.

Thanks everybody for trying to help me!

All the best!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.