Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

A few more questions regarding KAV 5

We use KAV 5.0.x for Windows Workstation and Administration server 5.0.0409.

1. Where can I change the default account for running tasks (the administrator)? I have entered it somewhere, but I cannot remember where... :)

2. Can I somehow choose which LOCAL tasks that are added to a new client? I like to use just group tasks and don't need local tasks for updates and scans, as they are harder to control.

3. Can i remove a certain LOCAL task for all clients in a group? (Related to 2.).

Thanks!

/Per

1. Where can I change the default account for running tasks (the administrator)? I have entered it somewhere, but I cannot remember where... :)

You can chage this on the Tab "run as" on Settings Tab.If you can't find it tell me i will

take a look at my admin kit :)

2. Can I somehow choose which LOCAL tasks that are added to a new client? I like to use just group tasks and don't need local tasks for updates and scans, as they are harder to control.

You can create policy just take look at that in PDF file.

3. Can i remove a certain LOCAL task for all clients in a group? (Related to 2.).

Yea,again policy :)

I am at home now. I will take a look at the policy tomorrow...

Regarding question 1: I know I can run every task as a specified user, but if I leave it at "default" the default account is used. Where can I change THAT account?

Regarding question 1: I know I can run every task as a specified user, but if I leave it at "default" the default account is used. Where can I change THAT account?

Hm,

default account is one which is used by windows,but if you have Domain there can be a problem with

that.so my sugestion for you is to enter Administators account and everything will be fine :)

Default accout is an account for the process running the task. For the tasks executed by Admin Kit server it is the account for the corresponding service. For the KAV for WKS tasks it is the account for the KAV for WKS it is Kaspersky Antivirus service. You can change account for the service with the help of Windows Serice Control Manager applet.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.