shahar

98OS Problems

I have tried deploying KAV on 98OS, and according to the distributer in my country, I ran the NA locally then ran the pkg of the WKS (once again, locally) - it works and the KAV server can manage it.

I have tried installing NA locally and then deploying the pkg of the WKS thru the KAV-SERVER and it worked...

so far so good, right?

here's where I encountered a strange behavior of the KAV:

The NA and KAV show as "inactive" when the computer is not signed in to the domain, and it only reports "active" after the users logs on – why is that so??

Is there any special way to deploy KAV on 98 OS stations?

I usually install the NA locally, then deploy the KAV from the KASPERSKY Admin server – is that the recommended way to deploy it??

I will appreciate an immediate response as I have been having these issues for a very long time now...

Is there any special way to deploy KAV on 98 OS stations?

Hi,

you need to use Logon Script based Install.

You have a problem when install porduct localy probably,

because of Domain Controler on your LAN.

So,

you can easly do Logon Script Based install and everything will

be OK.

What about the status of the KAV on the stations (98 nthat is) when they're not loged on to the domain??

What about the status of the KAV on the stations (98 nthat is) when they're not loged on to the domain??

When they are not loged on the domain,i think that you will be un-enable to see the kav :(

but i am not sure about this ;( i need to double check and to lett you know ok :)

As far as I can see, u cant monitor the station when its not logged to the domain - am I right or....?

Network agent is started by Windows Explorer under Windows 98/Me. So the administrator cannot manage the station until Windows Explorer starts.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.