How do I get my Kaspersky secure connection to start on mac os catalina

Ok, so the operating system is not supported yet. Are there any solutions currently?
Hello mx1298, In answer to "any solutions currently", use a supported opsys. If you mean "is Kaspersky going to change the software to be compatible with other operating systems", development work is always undertaken and ongoing. Sometimes this is slow, at other times faster. Kaspersky Technical Support just confirmed: quote "the developers know the new OS is released, they are working on this project." unquote Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I have a similar situation with Kaspersky Internet Security. When I updated my Beta Catalina to Public Beta 5, Internet Security is not starting anymore. Do you have a Beta version of internet security I can test on the Mac OS Catalina public Beta 5 (Kaspersky Internet Security was still working on Catalina public Beta 4). regards Paul PS: keep up the good work...

I have a similar situation with KIS. When I updated my Beta Catalina to Public Beta 5, KIS Is not starting anymore. Do you have a Beta version of internet security I can test on the Mac OS Catalina public Beta 5 (KIS was still working on Catalina public Beta 4).
Hello PaulLooijestijn, Welcome! Please tell me, which version of KIS, (including patch(x) x = letter)) was working with Catalina public Beta 4? & which version of KIS, (including patch(x) x = letter)) is not working with Catalina public Beta 5? --- Also, please detail what is not working:
  1. What happens?
  2. Are there any errors?
  3. Do you have images that represent the issue?
Please let us know? Thanks:pray_tone3: Beta portal Kaspersky Lab software release stages How to take part in beta testing for Kaspersky Lab products for mobile devices - even tho this is for "android", the generic advice may help. Beta Testing KIS19 Hardware and software requirements KIS20-Hardware and software requirements

After starting KIS, it keeps in "starting" state. There was a short message after the first start of KIS after the update to Catalina Public Beta 5, but I did not capture that message. sorry. KIS: 19.0.0.294 works within normal parameters on Catalina Public Beta 4. Is there also a beta voor Mac OS?
Hello PaulLooijestijn, It would be helpful to know the short message. Is there any information in system diagnostics? Have you tried uninstalling KIS, following documented uninstall/install procedures? Please understand, "beta" anything, whether it's Kaspersky or other software is not supported by Kaspersky. It's make finding the information for you very difficult. ----- Re: "is there also a beta voor Mac OS"? My suggestion would be to contact the Kaspersky Beta Team, also, there may be someone in the Community who will know. Best Regards

...same problem here, after the last public beta of OS Catalina, KIS doesn't start. All above isn't really helpful & just a list of the problem, that seems to be occurring already for a month. The available beta versions of KIS don't support OS Catalina/are not available for OS Catalina as it seems. There should be a contemporary solution or at least a committing statement, otherwise the user might go for a workable solution. Any meaty reply is most appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
The discussion was 22 days ago. Are there any progress on this issue? When to wait for news?
Hello Bad7Fish, Welcome! What progress/news are you expecting/waiting for please? Please let us know? Thank you.
Hello FLOOD, the answer that most probably everybody here expected, is a status update. Just I got the message in "My Kaspersky", that there is an update. After the download, I got AGAIN the message below

Hello FLOOD, the answer that most probably everybody here expected, is a status update. Just I got the message in "My Kaspersky", that there is an update. After the download, I got the message again:
["KIS installieren" kann nicht geoffnet werden, da Apple darin nicht nach Schadsoftware suchen kann. Diese Software muss aktualisiert werden. Wende dich an den Entwickler, um weitere information zu erhalten]. ["Cannot open/install KIS" because Apple can not look for malware in it. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information. Show in the finder. OK] Hello Irminsul, Welcome! Thank you for the information:pray_tone3: (even if you made me use a translator:wink:). Anyone who has licensed Kaspersky software & encounters KIS hanging on install & or update errors, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support. Thank you.

Download Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac using this link: https://box.kaspersky.com/f/96f725630b6e407a8cec/?dl=1 but don't use this link: https://www.kaspersky.com.au/downloads/thank-you/mac-security-free-trial because it won't work. If you get an error that it can't be opened because because Apple cannot check it for malicious software try this:
  1. Right-click and select "Open". This may bring up the same dialog, but with an option to Open the file anyway.
  2. You can get round this by removing the quarantine Extended Attribute on the file: xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /path/to/file
Naturally, this bypasses Apple's security precautions which exist to stop maliciously altered software from running.

Hello FLOOD, the answer that most probably everybody here expected, is a status update. Just I got the message in "My Kaspersky", that there is an update. After the download, I got the message again:
["KIS installieren" kann nicht geoffnet werden, da Apple darin nicht nach Schadsoftware suchen kann. Diese Software muss aktualisiert werden. Wende dich an den Entwickler, um weitere information zu erhalten]. ["Cannot open/install KIS" because Apple can not look for malware in it. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information. Show in the finder. OK] Hello Irminsul, Welcome! Thank you for the information:pray_tone3: (even if you made me use a translator:wink:). Anyone who has licensed Kaspersky software & encounters KIS hanging on install & or update errors, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support. Thank you.
Hello @FLOOD, Sorry for the submission in German, all following will be inclusive Translation ?. Your recommendation, to contact the technical support, was done before I posted something here at the community. The outcome was a lapidary answer similar to "at the time of official release, we'll be ready". Till date no committing statement from Kaspersky, whereat the Beta is since 4 or 5 month available. Almost all applications that are running on my apple devices, got several updates within the last months, Kaspersky is one of two, who didn't, the second gave me at least a suiting reply. As soon as the official OS version is released, I've to see if Kaspersky will stand by their word, at what I've a big doubt by seeing the hitherto existing effort they do & most probably go for something else, a pity & a boldness towards existing & loyal customer.

Hello @FLOOD, Sorry for the submission in German, all following will be inclusive Translation ?. Your recommendation, to contact the technical support, was done before I posted something here at the community. The outcome was a lapidary answer similar to "at the time of official release, we'll be ready". Till date no committing statement from Kaspersky, whereat the Beta is since 4 or 5 month available. Almost all applications that are running on my apple devices, got several updates within the last months, Kaspersky is one of two, who didn't, the second gave me at least a suiting reply. As soon as the official OS version is released, I've to see if Kaspersky will stand by their word, at what I've a big doubt by seeing the hitherto existing effort they do & most probably go for something else, a pity & a boldness towards existing & loyal customer.
Hello Irminsul, No apologies necessary, it's a bit faster, if a text version is provided, most of the languages I can manage to enter into the translator, 'cept for a few... I have spoken with the Lab, different levels, about this issue, like you I've had a range of responses, unfortunately, all we can do is wait & as you say, when the official release is available, it's not at all unreasonable to expect Kaspersky software to be published. Whether that happens or not is an unknown at this moment in time. Thanks again:pray_tone3:.

Download Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac using this link: https://box.kaspersky.com/f/96f725630b6e407a8cec/?dl=1 but don't use this link: https://www.kaspersky.com.au/downloads/thank-you/mac-security-free-trial because it won't work. If you get an error that it can't be opened because because Apple cannot check it for malicious software try this:
  1. Right-click and select "Open". This may bring up the same dialog, but with an option to Open the file anyway.
  2. You can get round this by removing the quarantine Extended Attribute on the file:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /path/to/file Naturally, this bypasses Apple's security precautions which exist to stop maliciously altered software from running.
Hello trompfy , thanks for the advice, to bypass the installation barrier gatekeeper, I was able to, but further, as in your description, to bypass the quarantine I didn't & frankly, I'm just a user & not very familiar with the deep insides of the system. Which file do you mean, that need this change in attributes? In case I'll find it, I'll give it a trial. Thanks for your support & best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I got this solution from Kaspersky support, and worked fine: 0. Uninstall Internet Security 1. Run the following Terminal command: sudo spctl --master-disable 2. Install KIS20mac 3. Restart 4. Run the following Terminal command: sudo spctl --master-enable Hope it helps.