dawson

Firewall in KIS6 makes high pings in online games.

Hi,

I have a problem, which is discussed several times already, but I havent been able to find a solution to it.

The problem is, whenever I play online games, mostly Battlefield 2, I get extreemely high pings. They kinda peak at areound 600 and then goes back to normal. This pattern loops in every 20 seconds or so.

But when I turn off the Firewall (not the full anti-hacker) the game runs perfectly.

I have already made rules to allow the executable gamefile using UDP and TCP both ways, without any limitations to the traffic.

So the problem must be centered on the Firewall...

Can anyone help me on this one? :(

My specs:

Kaspersky Internetsecurity 6.0 running on:

CPU: AMD 4000+

Mobo: Asus A8N-E

RAM: 2Gb Kingston Hyper-X

Hdd: WD 250G SATA2

Hi,

I have a problem, which is discussed several times already, but I havent been able to find a solution to it.

The problem is, whenever I play online games, mostly Battlefield 2, I get extreemely high pings. They kinda peak at areound 600 and then goes back to normal. This pattern loops in every 20 seconds or so.

But when I turn off the Firewall (not the full anti-hacker) the game runs perfectly.

I have already made rules to allow the executable gamefile using UDP and TCP both ways, without any limitations to the traffic.

So the problem must be centered on the Firewall...

Can anyone help me on this one?  :(

My specs:

Kaspersky Internetsecurity 6.0 running on:

CPU: AMD 4000+

Mobo: Asus A8N-E

RAM: 2Gb Kingston Hyper-X

Hdd: WD 250G SATA2

Hi.

Please look at this thread:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=19092

1) Disable Stealth Mode

2) Maximum Speed Mode

3) Application rule for "Any Activity"

1) Disable Stealth Mode

2) Maximum Speed Mode

3) Application rule for "Any Activity"

Yes thats the way it should work but for many thats not enough :(

I know it from my own game, it helped a little and turned down the lag a bit, but it was not enough.

So each time I play I turn off anti-hacker in kis and then turn it on again after game play.

It's the only way I can get my ping down, and get the lag completely away.

Hope & fingers crossed that things are improved in MP1 :D

Edited by Sall

Thanks for the answers.

I haven't tried turning 'stealthmode' off or activating 'Max speed mode'.

I will try to see if any of the advises provided will solve my problem when I get home today.

Oh, and by risking being considered a complete noob; What does MP1 stand for?

Thanks for the answers.

I haven't tried turning 'stealthmode' off or activating 'Max speed mode'.

I will try to see if any of the advises provided will solve my problem when I get home today.

Oh, and by risking being considered a complete noob; What does MP1 stand for?

Do both, trun off stealth and use maxmode, reboot.

Maintenance pack = major program update, in this case the first for 6.0.

Do both, trun off stealth and use maxmode, reboot.

Maintenance pack = major program update, in this case the first for 6.0.

Great, thx.

When is is patch expected to be released?

Great, thx.

When is is patch expected to be released?

It's a not a patch, it is as i said a major update and it needs to be installed with the previous version unstalled first, patches are downloaded via the updater in 6.0. Hopefully in the next 2 months.

It's a not a patch, it is as i said a major update and it needs to be installed with the previous version unstalled first, patches are downloaded via the updater in 6.0. Hopefully in the next 2 months.

Ok, my bad.

But will this major update be released as an update to existing customers, or will it be required to buy it with/as a new subscription?

Ok, my bad.

But will this major update be released as an update to existing customers, or will it be required to buy it with/as a new subscription?

All upgrades are free within your license-periode, all you have to do is download from Kaspersky.com and uninstall what you have, reboot and install the new. Thats why it is very important you save your key/code + orderinfo to a cd/floppy, so you always have this in case you need to install new version or in case of HD failure.

All upgrades are free within your license-periode, all you have to do is download from Kaspersky.com and uninstall what you have, reboot and install the new. Thats why it is very important you save your key/code + orderinfo to a cd/floppy, so you always have this in case you need to install new version or in case of HD failure.

Great. Thanks a lot mate.

Better close down this thread, since the original topic is a bit outdebated.

Thx again.

Nah, no problem, someone may find it usefull and have a question. ......Unless it is your wish?:)

Nah, no problem, someone may find it usefull and have a question. ......Unless it is your wish?:)

No no, just leave it. Youre right, it might save some time of someone else seeking what I did. ^_^

Ok, here's the recent update.

Ive arrived home and did the things suggested here:

1) Disable Stealth Mode

2) Maximum Speed Mode

3) Application rule for "Any Activity" (This was already done)

But... I still have high ping peaks in the game, and are being booted from every server I join. :(

Guess I just have to follow Sall's advise and turn it off when playing... At least until this MP1 gets released.

Ok, here's the recent update.

Ive arrived home and did the things suggested here:

1) Disable Stealth Mode

2) Maximum Speed Mode

3) Application rule for "Any Activity" (This was already done)

But... I still have high ping peaks in the game, and are being booted from every server I join.  :(

Guess I just have to follow Sall's advise and turn it off when playing... At least until this MP1 gets released.

Sorry that it didnt work for you either, as sais the only way I could fix it was to turn it of when playing :(

Not sure if this is improved in MP1 but lets wait and see :)

Hi,

I have the same problem with High Pings in Battlefield 4

Any suggestions - This is an OLD topic! Am I the only one?

It started like 3 weeks ago (when i got the latest new rooter from my ISP?)

When KIS is OFF - No problem ... But when on... I get high ping and get kick off servers for that!! :-(

Win 8.1 64bit Been running KIS since 2004 and BF since it came out!

This is an OLD topic!
Thanks for the memories.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.