icelow

360 safety guard

4 posts in this topic

I'm having problem installing Kaspersky. I can't find '360 safety guard' in my computer search. Tried removing software's leftovers with many tools included JV16 power tools but '360 safety guard' still exists prevented me from installing Kaspersky. Please help! :icon20:

I'm having problem installing Kaspersky. I can't find '360 safety guard' in my computer search. Tried removing software's leftovers with many tools included JV16 power tools but '360 safety guard' still exists prevented me from installing Kaspersky. Please help! :icon20:

Maybe looking here you will find some help.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=196584

I had the same problem and following the instructions seemed to just take me round in circles, as I was looking for some kind of antivirus program. 360 Safety Guard did not show up in remove programs and so I googled it and it states it is a AV prog developed in China. This eventually led me to the answer, I have used P2P streaming software in the past to watch football matches streamed from "CHINA" and this is enbedded in the P2P software without you knowing. I uninstalled the P2P prog and then went to the registry and deleted the key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\360

This did the trick and KS IS 2011 happily loaded.

:D

edit: del broken quote.

Edited by richbuff