vatson

Cannot install new key on Netware

I have KAV 5.7.3 running on Netware 6.5 SP8 and I'm trying to add a new license key, because my current key is about to expire.

Using ConsoleOne, I browse to my server where KAV is installed, open it's properties, click "Register license key", then "Add key" and choose my new key in the file dialog. At that point, ConsoleOne simply closes with no error messages. Repeating the procedure, I see that the key was not added. Any ideas?

BTW, I don't have network agent running on that server, so can't use admin kit to deploy the new key.

I know this works because I just did it recently. Try deleting the old key first and then add the new one.

Thanks for the idea, unfortunately it didn't help. I could remove the old key, but adding the new key still failed the same way.

I think I may have some kind of conflict between various ConsoleOne plugins, but I have no idea how to debug this further. So I just loaded klnagent.nlm on the server and deployed the key via adminkit. It was easier than I thought.

Initially when I installed KAV on the NW server I didn't want it to be managed via adminkit, because I was afraid that all sorts of global policies and group tasks that are defined for our Windows workstations will take over the server. However, I think that tasks and policies that are defined for Windows will not affect KAV on Netware anyway, so I should be safe.

I don't know if you're aware of it but there is a newer version of kav for nw which is what I'm running now. I also think that it's more stable than what you are currently running. You can still manage it with Admin kit v.6.0.170. For more info go to http://support.kaspersky.com/novell57?level=2

You're right. Only tasks and policies defined for Netware will affect KAV on NW servers.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.