yiannis1925

MS Exchange ERROR

We're having the same Problem. We've gone through a similar Issue with Sunbelts Ninja Spam Filter, it screwed with an Update.

Problems like this may happen and are ugly, but try to keep your users in the Loop. I would love to see the Info and Updates on the Frontpage. You can't hide the problem anymore, so please act open that your users can still trust you.

Hi,

have the same problem on Windows 2008 x64 and Exchange 2007 SP2 update rollup 4.

A hotfix would be greatly appreciated!

Kris

Ok !

Replaced the dll, performed the database update:

Everything seems to be back to normal.

Great job!

Keep you posted if error comes back...

Have a nice day!

Hi All!

I replaced the updsdk.dll and ran the AV Update. No errors in the Application Event Log so far, and Spamfiltering is working again.

So I guess I can enjoy the Holyday now.

Oliver

Just applied the fix on one server, updated worked and the service stopped crashing. So seems ok on my side.

Will apply the fix to the other servers.

Yes, I've applied the fix on our servers and both are now working normally again.

thanks, Tom

After you install the fix to the spam module is malfunctioning. Not blocka lot more spam than before.

Any idea ?

This fix worked for me as well.

Exchange 2007 CCR Cluster SP3 RU1

Windows server 2008 64 bit.

2 CAS/HUB

2 Mailbox (clustered)

Had to pull KAV off last night to get emails to route at a decent rate after slowness all day. Only re-installed it on the CAS/HUB servers so far but the submission queue is no longer backlogged on either CAS/HUB server.

Thanks for the quick fix. Will put KAV back onto the mailbox servers shortly.

Dear users,

We have made all the necessary changes on the servers allowing to finally resolve the incident.

Those of you who have replaced the updsdk.dll file on our recommendation, should carry out the following actions:

1) Open the service Manager (Run>services.msc) and change the Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers service start type for Disabled.

2) Stop the Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers service.

3) Restore the original updsdk.dll file.

4) Open the Service Manager (Run>services.msc) and change the Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers service start type for Automatic.

5) Start the Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers service.

6) Delete the files of the bl00*.dat type (22 files) and the blst2-0607g.xml file from the following folders:

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers\data\bases\as\Bases

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers\data\bases\av\Bases

7) Execute an antivirus and anti-spam database update task.

Those of you who did not replace the updsdk.dll file, should carry out the following actions:

1) Delete the files of the bl00*.dat type (22 files) and the blst2-0607g.xml file from the following folders:

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers\data\bases\as\Bases

* C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers\data\bases\av\Bases

2) Execute an antivirus and anti-spam database update task.

Please let us know here in case of errors.

Detailed info - http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283596.

For those that removed the KAV to restore performance until a fix was available, will there be an updated installer to download with the fix in place?

Thanks for your fast response. We went with Kaspersky AV on my recommendation and the fast fixes and solid support make me happy I went with KAV for our servers and exchange.

New fix instructions worked like a charm. One of my CAS/HUB servers took a while to update, first attempt failed but second attempt worked. Email is routing normally again.

Hi all,

There is Critical Fix 1 for Kaspersky Security 8.0 (Version 8.0.0.5614) available. It eliminates this error.

EVERYBODY should upgrade to this new build to avoid this situation repeating in middle March.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.