if ur using KAV 6 build 300 ... and u have downloaded all the updates/upgrades; when u open the service tab what should the version read?

same goes for the 303 build? what should it read?

thnx

if ur using KAV 6 build 300 ... and u have downloaded all the updates/upgrades; when u open the service tab what should the version read?

same goes for the 303 build? what should it read?

thnx

6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c

So in other words if you got all the fixes and running fine, there is no need to reinstall :)

Does "6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c" make it version 6.0.0.303??? Are there any differences between the two?

I have 6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c at the moment... if I should I get 6.0.0.303 can I install 303 over top of 6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c or should I do a uninstall first? Thank you!

Does "6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c" make it version 6.0.0.303??? Are there any differences between the two?

I have 6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c at the moment... if I should I get 6.0.0.303 can I install 303 over top of 6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c or should I do a uninstall first? Thank you!

No, there isn't any need for you to install the latest version, if you already have 6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c. There isn't any difference between these two, at least for 32 bit Windows XP.

If you do want to install the 303 version, you have to uninstall 300 first, reboot, install 303, update, and reboot again. You may back up the configurations when you unistall 300.

Thank you! It appears there's no need to go to 303 then.

No, there isn't any need for you to install the latest version, if you already have 6.0.0.300 hotfix d.b.c. There isn't any difference between these two, at least for 32 bit Windows XP.

If you do want to install the 303 version, you have to uninstall 300 first, reboot, install 303, update, and reboot again. You may back up the configurations when you unistall 300.

Hi

Please excuse my ignorance - but I have just recently purchased KIS 6.00.300 via Internet downlaod / purchase from the Australian Kaspersky site.

The hotfix section on my screen refers to b,d - i.e. no c

I am not sure what I should do:

eg:

a) do nothing.

B) follow previous posts in this thread and uninstall / reinstall

c) what about the licence key - if I uninstall wont I lose the key ?

Many thanks for your assistance

derekp

derekp

As long as you have the code (or keyfile) that you got when buying it, you can always reinstall when updating to another version, even if you decide to save any settings/code etc.

All you do is download the latest version:http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates, uninstall the one you have, reboot and install the latest.

Thank you very much Lucianbara and Don Pelotas for your quick responses and expertise !

I do have the correct klif.sys so I will do nothing.

regards

derekp

Hello.

a) if your klif.sys in the system32\drivers has the version 6.12.10.226, then you're up-to-date so you don't have to do anything.

Why isn't there such a file called klif.sys under C:\Windows\System32\drivers in my computer? :blink:

Why isn't there such a file called klif.sys under C:\Windows\System32\drivers in my computer? :blink:

Are you sure you looked in the correct location, it certainly should be there!

Are you sure you looked in the correct location, it certainly should be there!

I've found klif.sys under that directory and the version is 6.12.10.226.

Thanks.

As long as you have the code (or keyfile) that you got when buying it, you can always reinstall when updating to another version, even if you decide to save any settings/code etc.

All you do is download the latest version:http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates, uninstall the one you have, reboot and install the latest.

FWIW, I don't like the new installer GUI. With the kis6.0.0.300en.msi installer, installing only KAV with PDM was more straight forward. Not the case with the kis6.0.0.303en.msi installer. Just my 0.02.

BTW, I wish that the KL developers would dump the POS MS installer. A *.exe installer is always a better idea.

Ron :)

They cant, since MSI installer is used for GPO installs in Active Directory. Not that any concern for home users, but its easier to use the same installer across the board :)

They cant, since MSI installer is used for GPO installs in Active Directory. Not that any concern for home users, but its easier to use the same installer across the board :)

Of course they can, it might be easier not to, but certainly not impossible or difficult.

On a properly tweaked machine, I have no complaints about MSI installer. It does support installation healing as well as other features.

Thanks, Whizard. I really appreciate it when developers who use msi also provide a *.exe installer. Many do.

Active Directory, another brilliant idea from MS.

http://secunia.com/search/?search=active+directory

If it has Active in its name, and it is from MS, I don't want anything to do with it. One reason that I have never used the KL online scanner --- IE/ActiveX.

Ron :)

Nothing wrong with the MSI installer IMO, just not for home products, for these safemode unstall should be possible, not all pc's in this environment is as finely tuned as our's and in a situation where your pc is freezing in normalmode, safemode uninstall can be a very nice option to have.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.