"P.C. tools registry mechanic"Icon showed up on my desktop . Is this spyware/adware. It is asking me to register etc and tells me that I have 1044 things to repair. What is this? mly40

Hi. Have you downloaded or installed anything lately? Most likely it was bundled with some other software. You should be able to just uninstall it via control panel.

Also, sometimes when you are attempting to download one software application, advertising for others will show first and if not careful, can be easily downloaded instead. These days, one must be careful to opt out of these types hidden application installs. :)

This is known software, not malicious, so I would just uninstall it.

Edited by rudger79

Hi. Have you downloaded or installed anything lately? Most likely it was bundled with some other software. You should be able to just uninstall it via control panel.

Thank you, grandkids were playing games on my pc today, must have some connection to games.

mly40

Thank you, grandkids were playing games on my pc today, must have some connection to games.

mly40

Actually while the reason you got it is most likely what rudger79 said, PC Tools Registry Mechanic is actually a pretty good application. I have been using it for many years and found it useful. The only bad thing about it is they will sign you up for auto-renew every year. They do however let you cancel auto-renew if you want, and if you don't they do send you a reminder email the month before so you are not surprised by the charge when it comes.... about $ 29.95 a year as I recall or some years maybe a renewal cost $ 19.95. Anyway I have found it to be good and I always renew it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.