Sign in to follow this  
loopi

compare KIS11 to Pure V2

Hi. It means that PURE is built on version 2010 base that did not include such mentioned features. If those are features you desire, then you will have to go with KIS 2011. :)

Hi. It means that PURE is built on version 2010 base that did not include such mentioned features. If those are features you desire, then you will have to go with KIS 2011. :)

Okay thank you very much, I will buy KIS11!

Hello people, I'm the new guy here. Was having exactly the same question, and fortunately before posting a new thread, I found this one. Thanks a lot, although I'm still not sure of which version to get next year(I'm now running PURE R2).

I mean, I don't really know what is geofilter, and neither do I online banking much. What about safe desktop that PURE doesn't have?

Basically, there are features in both versions I don't use, like in PURE I'm not using either the backup or parental control, because this is my personal working computer, no one else accesses it, and I wouldn't use this geofilter and desktop protection/online banking either. So, now, which version is better for me? I can't buy KIS now because I'm having an active licence for PURE and will have to wait to decide by myself

Well, when is your license due to expire? KIS 2012 beta testing should begin around June, so you will have the chance to see what new features will KIS 2012 have.

If you don't need encryption and backup in PURE, you can go with KIS (parental control is the same in PURE R2 and in KIS 2011).

Personally, I use Acronis for backup, and the only feature I would like to be ported to KIS is password manager, but I don't think this will happen soon.

I bought the actual licence 10 days ago, so I still have the whole year.

I too, use Acronis for my backups... The solution I found is to wait until KIS 2012 Beta comes to the public and I'll install it on my other computer to see how it behaves and how good it is for me. I'm kinda happy with PURE R2 though... Especially the Anti-banner, is a very useful too for me. I noticed it even blocks the Windows Live Messenger banners, and I like it(off-topic - I don't even know why was I using Bitdefender all these years :be: ).

Anything about a new version of PURE?

I bought the actual licence 10 days ago, so I still have the whole year.

I too, use Acronis for my backups... The solution I found is to wait until KIS 2012 Beta comes to the public and I'll install it on my other computer to see how it behaves and how good it is for me. I'm kinda happy with PURE R2 though... Especially the Anti-banner, is a very useful too for me. I noticed it even blocks the Windows Live Messenger banners, and I like it(off-topic - I don't even know why was I using Bitdefender all these years :be: ).

Anything about a new version of PURE?

KIS also have antibanner. I use it also. I think next version of PURE will be based on KIS2012 code (there won't be PURE based on 2011).

KIS also have antibanner. I use it also. I think next version of PURE will be based on KIS2012 code (there won't be PURE based on 2011).

But somewhere in the website they say that PURE R2 is based on KIS 2011 engine. PURE R1 is 2010, isn't it? Well I am using R2. Even when you click on the PURE logo in the main window of the program, their very special thanks go to the KIS 2011 development team.

Anyway, next year I'll buy KIS 2012, because it's cheaper and the main security engines and modules are the same.

Edited by Eddy Nicolay

But somewhere in the website they say that PURE R2 is based on KIS 2011 engine.
I don't think so, never seen that. Please see post #2 http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=195180

PURE R1 is 2010, isn't it?
Yes, and so is R2.

Well I am using R2.
Then you are using a fine product based on KIS 2010 platform. Just many improvements made from R1. Quote from Danilka

What’s new in Kaspersky PURE R2

Improved:

- Parental Control functionality has been extended due to control of communication in social networks.

- The account creation procedure in Password Manager has been simplified, depending on the account type selected.

- The option to create a portable Password Database has been added, together with the option to synchronize this database with that of the Password Manager.

- Home Network Control now provides the option to manually add a computer to be controlled.

- Backup performance has been optimized.

New in the application interface:

1) The application interface has been improved significantly, which ensures convenience for users with various levels of computer literacy. The most important changes are:

* The "traffic lights" have been added to the main application window; they are now influenced by events in the Parental Control and Backup modules.

* The Backup wizards have been redesigned.

* A separate window has been created for the Password Manager module.

2) All application settings are now collected in one window.

3) Navigation between application windows has been optimized.

Even when you click on the PURE logo in the main window of the program, their very special thanks go to the KIS 2011 development team.
It is just the credits, it does not have any basis on the program. Most testers were also KIS 2011 testers and maybe the credits were not changed specifically for PURE R2.

thanks guys. Now I dunno which one to choose :P

as long as I have my computer protected, its fine. But next year I think I'll get KIS 2012

Next version of PURE (don't know when that will be) will be based on 2012 platform & technology. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.