JohnH2O

PURE 9.1.0.124 [ The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete ]

I tried to install PURE 9.1.0.124, but I got the message: “The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could me the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.”

Restored system backup with PURE 9.0, downloaded the file once more. Still the same message.

What should I do?

damaged disk

Hello

Please run Start > CMD > "chkdsk /f" to check the disk surface for physical errors or bad sectors.

Edited by Berny

CHKDSK /f gave this output:

Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? <Y/N>

Answered Y, rebooted. No bad sectors. Still the same answer from pure9.1.0.124en.exe.

Tried to run chkdsk from Diskeeper (with Boot time defragementer). The same result.

I tried CHKDSK /f from safe mode. “Cannot lock current drive.” Reboot, running chkdsk, everything is OK.

My downloaded PURE file has 124 533 832 bytes. Running XP SP 3.

try downloading again...

Before writing the initial post, I downloaded the file tree times using Firefox. The first download was performed with the “FlashGot” option, the two other trials with the “Save File” option. None of the files could be installed.

Later on I downloaded the file with IE; this time with success. In addition I have now successfully downloaded the file with FF. With both browsers I noticed a “process stop” at the end of the download; FF telling “a few seconds left”, IE had a long delay at “99% completed”. During my latest trail, I noticed the yellow K icon during the delay. Possibly the file was scanned by Pure, and that this delay may cause a time-out message to the server (depending on the Internet connection at the actual time).

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
The first download was performed with the “FlashGot” option,
Avoid this issue by doing a regular normal download, no download managers.

Resolve the issue by deleting the non-working downloaded installer, then clear browser cache, reboot and try normal download.

Try to dowload by the link but without any dm and using IE

This can sound foolish but have worked for me when i have similar issues in the past

GOOD LUCK

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.