chandler

Network Agent can't use correctlly

Hi does everyone have any idea about Network Agent?

I've already Installed Network agent on my client's computer.

I sure they don't have any firewall software to block 13000, 14000 and 15000 ports.

Also, make sure the Network Agent has set Administration Server IP address.

Here is the problem!

after I install Network agent to other computers, I can't find those computers on either unassigned or groups in Administration Server .

Has someone happen some thing?

Someone can help me to solve this problem ASAP.

thanks alot

sorry!!

I didn't post my Kaspersky version.

I use Kaspersky administration version 5.0.0369.

Netagent 5.0.0369

Chandler,

Did you deploy the Network Agent from the Admin Server to your clients or did you install the Network Agent locally?

If the computers you want included in your logical network (the machines administered by the Kaspersky Admin Kit) are not visible in the Unassigned folder or a group folder you created you will need to fix this problem before proceeding as it is a sign there is no connectivity between the machine running the Admin Kit and your client computers.

From the Start - Run can you connect to a machine via \\Machine_Name ?

If you are using Win XP Pro on any client or host, make sure that Simple File Sharing is DISabled, (via Folder Options).

Dear Mike;

Thanks for your help!!

I've some clients install the Networkagent from the Admin Server and other install locally.

Also, I can connect to computers via \\Machine_Name.

But, I still has some computer show invisble.

Some computer, I reinstall the networkagent then they work fine, but some don't work.

another problem is sometime computes visible and sometimes didn't.

I don't know why and I didn't do anythings.

The Network Agent look like it can't be handled corrently.

I want to know how to fix this.

Thanks again for help.

Hi  does everyone have any idea about Network Agent?

I've already Installed Network agent on my client's computer.

I sure they don't have any firewall software to block 13000, 14000 and 15000 ports.

Also, make sure the Network Agent has set Administration Server IP address.

Here is the problem!

after I install Network agent to other computers,  I can't find those computers  on either unassigned or groups in Administration Server .

Has someone happen some thing?

Someone can help me to solve this problem ASAP.

thanks alot

sorry!!

I didn't post my Kaspersky version.

I use Kaspersky administration version 5.0.0369.

Netagent 5.0.0369

Hello

In case Network Agent is already installed on the computers, please make sure that communication between Network Agent and Administration Server is correctly configured. Usually this is the main reason when you see some of the clients but not others.

Correct communication link between Network Agent and Administration Server requires the following:

1) TCP ports 13000 and 14000 should be opened on the Administration Server side. In other words, Network Agent (client) should be able to connect to the Administration Server computer using these TCP/IP ports.

2) It is recommended to open UDP port 15000 on the client side so that Administration Server will be able to send UDP packet to the client on the port 15000 and initiate connection by Administration request. In case port 15000 is not opened or client IP address is unknown (because client is behind NAT or proxy server), it is required to set ‘Keep connection’ option in the client properties to have the possibility to monitor client status in real time.

3) Make sure that DNS is correctly configured and clients are able to resolve Administration Server DNS address. In case DNS is absent on the client side, it is required to set administration server address for the Network Agent in the form of IP address.

4) Make sure that clients use correct SSL certificate of the Administration Server. In case you installed part of clients and after that reinstall Administration Server, clients cannot connect to the server because server certificate is wrong.

It will be helpful if you send us Kaspersky Event Log (in tab delimited format) for one of the computers that cannot be connected to the server. The reason for connection error is registered there.

Very useful info kulaga --- perhaps the information in here should be marked as a 'sticky' in the forum.

Thank you !