Sign in to follow this  
Kazesim

Password length

I wanted to note something I found on Amazon.com so that people won't enter their passwords wrong.

It seems that the "change password" form's password field only accepts 20 characters, while the sign-in form accepts any number of them. If you use the password generator to make a, say, 25-character password and paste it into the change-password form, only the first 20 characters will be used, but its hard to notice that. Obviously now if you put your 25-char pass into KPM and try and use it to sign in later it will be wrong.

The workaround if this happens - assuming you have access to the same form as where you put the pass in originally - is to select the password field, hold any letter/number for a while, Ctrl-A, then copy/paste into notepad, count the number of characters and then enter that number of characters from your password.

I only tested this on Amazon, but theoretically it could happen on any site that limits the number of characters in the registration/change-password fields but not the sign-in field.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.