I tried to install KIS 11.0.2.556 on two different computers and had the same problems with both. I used Control Panel and removed the previous 11.0..400 version. Rebooted and tried to use the KavRemover tool. Both computers were unable to use this tool and it kept sending error logs to Microsoft.

Finally, I don't know why, my one computer,after 4 tries finally accepted the install and it looks like it is correctly running on one computer. The other computer still cannot install the 556 version. I have tried using the Remover tool to removal all products, and also the KIS2011 version I had. I've emptied the cache and run CCleaner. Attached is log (the 5th try) from KavRemover.

When installing version 556 it runs then stops giving an alert of: "Installer ended prematurely because of an error".

kavremvr_2010_10_15_13_49_51__pid_3872_.log

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then run the removal tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then refresh the infcache. Rename infcache.1, located at C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1 to infcache.1.old

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained in the appropriate Important topic.

You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then run the removal tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then refresh the infcache. Rename infcache.1, located at C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1 to infcache.1.old

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained in the appropriate Important topic.

You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

There is no K icon as Kaspersky is not installed. Removal tool downloaded into directory on C:\kavremover directory and will not run. It sends an error report to Microsoft.

kavremvr_2010_10_15_16_39_33__pid_168_.log

Please refresh the infcache. Rename infcache.1, located at C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1 to infcache.1.old and try install.

Please refresh the infcache. Rename infcache.1, located at C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1 to infcache.1.old and try install.

Renaming infcache worked with 11.0.2.566 installing properly.

Why didn't the kavremover work?

Should I remove the inidata.dll file and/or the jkbasuy1 folder in local settings/temp?

Is this something that Kaspersky needs to fix as I had issues with two different computers doing the install? Or am I just lucky that way?

1) Because the Remover does not pertain to the infcache.

2) Delete Temp files that are more than a week old is all good.

3) No, because corrupt infcache files are beyond Kasperskys' purview. This issue just happens sometimes. There is a Tech Article on this issue, but I prefer to rename the infcache versus delete it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.