angelomobi

How Secure is KPM really?

Hello Gang!

Ive been involved in security all my life, (not computer security), so a question is on my mind. One way to secure something is to not let anyone know WHERE it is... thereby, that in itself is a form of security, however, with these files, isn't it just blatantly obvious WHERE the file is with all the "goodies" in it so someone can just go hammer the crap out of it till its opened? Thus my question is ... How Secure really IS KPM when its all done and over? Just thought Id ask the folks who might know more than the man on the street - and tell me what I WANT to hear, rather than a sales pitch! - Thanks!

On a related note, I wanted to ask about the deletion of backup files - does that button actually shred (overwrite) the backup before deleting or is it just a normal delete? If it is then Id suggest that it shred the file like some of these others programs do (Spybot Shredder, Eraser) because - since it looks like the master pass is saved in the file itself - if you originally had a not-so-secure password or one that was compromised somehow and you change it, all the backups apparently can still be accessed with the original one. Useful for if you forget your new pass, but you wouldn't want it on supposedly deleted files.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.