Hi All,

I upgraded from KIS 2010 to 2011 some weeks ago. I run a full scan weekly and this was always successful with 2010 version. It always halts at 99% since installing 2011. Usually at the same file on a USB drive, drive H: When I run the scan with the USB drive disabled it fails at 99% on one of the internal drives. I am running the scans using the recommended settings.

I removed the 2010 version using the removal tool and installed the 2011 version.

I am running Microsoft XP Home SP3.

Hope someone can advise on how to get this working.

GSI below.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...797c230e7f3c313

Yes, I can at least stop the scan, but as per the image that I posted, that's the end result.

Hopefully, some guru on here can help us! :b_lol1:

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

I moved the other persons posts, to the other persons topic thread, to reduce confusion.

Please free up 15% free space on System partition C, then do a diskcheck and two defrags. Any better?

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, my story so far. I have been a PAYING satisfied customer for 5 years now and have hit a wall with KIS 2011. I installed it twice correctly, did a full scan in safe mode to be sure it wasn't a process issue.

I contacted live chat and told them all I did. They told me to send in an error report and to add GSI.rar as I did. I received a conformation number and a useless form letter which I replied to as instructed. I waited for 2 weeks with no reply.

I contacted live chat again, they told me to do the same thing again, once again I received the same form letter I replied once again and within 24 to 48 hours as before and guess what 4 days and still no reply.

I have now joined this forum, this is not the first post on this issue. It appears many people have this problem. I am certain they are diligently working on it as this issue was a problem before in the testing beta stages as cited in the beta forum but supposedly fixed. I only know this from reading the posts.

I suggest we hurry up and wait and hopefully they either find a solution or find fault in our systems. I have 105 days left in my subscription.

Regards

Welcome. You might as well post you GSI here. :)

Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

Also, when you upgraded to 2011, did you first uninstall previous version or upgrade on top?

Thank you for the quick response.

When I upgraded to 2011 of course I did an uninstall first, that's a no brainer. In fact I did it twice with an uninstall and only kept the license data as the instructions cited.

I defragmented the Hard Drive twice, it's very nice and compacted now. I ran the full scan in safe mode as well and guess what, it still stops at 99% in all cases. It stopped and hung on rtcres.dll before my defrag now after the defrag it stops on sptd.sys. I'm sure these files are irrelevant as to the stoppage.

Here's the GSI url

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d47293f7104ca30

I read the results and everything seemed to pass muster except for the mention of an ATI graphics tool. I hope you can find something.

Regards

I moved the other persons posts, to the other persons topic thread, to reduce confusion.

Please free up 15% free space on System partition C, then do a diskcheck and two defrags. Any better?

Hi

Freed up the space on C: now 44%. Did a diskcheck and defragged twice, still halting at 99%.

Anything else I could try?

Hi. Well, the first thing to try would be to fix this: #block wga

127.0.0.1 mpa.one.microsoft.com by doing this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Ok I did as instructed and rewrote the host file, I had to download legitcheck.hta from microsoft and it passed. I then ran the full scan again and this time yes it went to 100% and finished.

Thank you for the assistance.

Regards

Thank you for the quick response.

When I upgraded to 2011 of course I did an uninstall first, that's a no brainer. In fact I did it twice with an uninstall and only kept the license data as the instructions cited.

I defragmented the Hard Drive twice, it's very nice and compacted now. I ran the full scan in safe mode as well and guess what, it still stops at 99% in all cases. It stopped and hung on rtcres.dll before my defrag now after the defrag it stops on sptd.sys. I'm sure these files are irrelevant as to the stoppage.

Here's the GSI url

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d47293f7104ca30

I read the results and everything seemed to pass muster except for the mention of an ATI graphics tool. I hope you can find something.

Regards

the ati tray tools should be fine if you installed them yourself and obtained them from an official mirror such as Guru3D or ray adam's own site. the item of more concern is the double extension batch file in the temporary files directory. my recommendation would be empty the directory to delete that asap. if it won't budge then try in safe mode.

Hi All,

I upgraded from KIS 2010 to 2011 some weeks ago. I run a full scan weekly and this was always successful with 2010 version. It always halts at 99% since installing 2011. Usually at the same file on a USB drive, drive H: When I run the scan with the USB drive disabled it fails at 99% on one of the internal drives. I am running the scans using the recommended settings.

I removed the 2010 version using the removal tool and installed the 2011 version.

I am running Microsoft XP Home SP3.

Hope someone can advise on how to get this working.

GSI below.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...797c230e7f3c313

please uninstall AOL spyware protection as it is a conflicting package. you should also do the same for the mcafee products. there are removal tools here to clean up residuals after you run the mcafee uninstallers. please run both of them:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

also run ccleaner to empty the contents of the temporary files folders. there is one suspicious looking file in there with a double extension that need removing asap along with some installers which are taking up space on your drive and are no longer needed.

also if you don't use gameshadow you may as well uninstall it. it has been flagged as unknown by the GSI but this may well be down to how old the release on your system is and the fact nobody has rated it or commented on it. of course, if you still use it and it has been updated since 2006 please remove the installer from this location:

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{F0E17431-0E05-4EF2-917A-FCBCA31462AC}\GameShadow.msi

the ati tray tools should be fine if you installed them yourself and obtained them from an official mirror such as Guru3D or ray adam's own site. the item of more concern is the double extension batch file in the temporary files directory. my recommendation would be empty the directory to delete that asap. if it won't budge then try in safe mode.

Thanx for the heads up.

I purged the entire directory and it all went away.

Regards

please uninstall AOL spyware protection as it is a conflicting package. you should also do the same for the mcafee products. there are removal tools here to clean up residuals after you run the mcafee uninstallers. please run both of them:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

also run ccleaner to empty the contents of the temporary files folders. there is one suspicious looking file in there with a double extension that need removing asap along with some installers which are taking up space on your drive and are no longer needed.

also if you don't use gameshadow you may as well uninstall it. it has been flagged as unknown by the GSI but this may well be down to how old the release on your system is and the fact nobody has rated it or commented on it. of course, if you still use it and it has been updated since 2006 please remove the installer from this location:

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{F0E17431-0E05-4EF2-917A-FCBCA31462AC}\GameShadow.msi

Hi,

Followed the above, unfortunately the scan still fails at 99%. I have another GSI below. Also opened an incident with support yesterday but no response yet.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...e8f5b3d5e8ed6fd

Regards

Mshulla please tell me you uploaded the old GSI file again by mistake because the GSI from your link above still contains all the same stuff as before.

If you did upload a fresh report then the temporary file has reproduced itself. this to me indicates compromised security and a malware infection on the PC.

please see the first sticky post at the top of this forum to continue resolving the potential infection:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=19

Mshulla please tell me you uploaded the old GSI file again by mistake because the GSI from your link above still contains all the same stuff as before.

If you did upload a fresh report then the temporary file has reproduced itself. this to me indicates compromised security and a malware infection on the PC.

please see the first sticky post at the top of this forum to continue resolving the potential infection:

Thanks for the response. Should I post the log here or in the Virus forum?

Thanks for the response. Should I post the log here or in the Virus forum?

Posted on virus forum Here

Thanks.

Hi

I was able to delete the files in the temp folder by booting into safe mode then deleting. Then ran full scan in safe mode successfully. Will try a full scan in normal mode tomorrow.

Hopefully someone in the Virus forum will check my upload for potential virus or malware. :pray:

Thanks

good if they stay gone there should be no further problems assuming the scan completed ok in normal OS mode too. Dealing with viruses themselves is not my area of expertise but hopefully someone in the know will respond and clarify further.

good if they stay gone there should be no further problems assuming the scan completed ok in normal OS mode too. Dealing with viruses themselves is not my area of expertise but hopefully someone in the know will respond and clarify further.

Scan failed in normal mode at 99%, same as before. Several files reappeared in the temp folder as well.

Checking on google "WGAErrlog" is a windows genuine advantage file. I am concerned about the file "klsCBD3.tmp. Can't find any reference to it

I've attached another GSI below, can you tell me which is the suspicious file in the TEMP folder you refer to above? is it "klsCBD3"

GSI Report

Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem. Stops at 99% and in the detailed report, the last thing that happend was MIME.broken. I have tried turning off Windows defender, uninstalled ASUS camera screensaver, and didn't help. I will follow your posts to see what works for you.

I'm having the same problem. Stops at 99% and in the detailed report, the last thing that happend was MIME.broken. I have tried turning off Windows defender, uninstalled ASUS camera screensaver, and didn't help. I will follow your posts to see what works for you.

I think you need to uninstall Windows Defender not only turn it off. As I recall Windows Defender conflicts with KIS... or at least used in in earlier versions it was said.

I think you need to uninstall Windows Defender not only turn it off.

This only applies to XP. :)

If vista or windows 7, the uninstall option does not apply. You should instead turn off Windows Defender service via Start > Run > services.msc change the startup type to disabled. Also sometimes it will try to still run services in msconfig, so you will need to uncheck it there also. Start > Run > msconfig. You will need to reboot for any changes there.

Jen123, you should also post a GSI. :)

Edited by rudger79

Scan failed in normal mode at 99%, same as before. Several files reappeared in the temp folder as well.

Checking on google "WGAErrlog" is a windows genuine advantage file. I am concerned about the file "klsCBD3.tmp. Can't find any reference to it

I've attached another GSI below, can you tell me which is the suspicious file in the TEMP folder you refer to above? is it "klsCBD3"

GSI Report

Thanks in advance.

C:\Documents and Settings\Everton\Local Settings\Temp\aax121E.tmp.exe

other than waiting for the virus section response you still have mcafee and symantec stuff installed and running in normal mode which I strongly advise you to remove as previously suggested. can't think of anything else at present that would cause the continued scan failure. in safe mode they are not loaded which is why the scan completes.

Edited by antikythera

This only applies to XP. :)

If vista or windows 7, the uninstall option does not apply. You should instead turn off Windows Defender service via Start > Run > services.msc change the startup type to disabled. Also sometimes it will try to still run services in msconfig, so you will need to uncheck it there also. Start > Run > msconfig. You will need to reboot for any changes there.

Jen123, you should also post a GSI. :)

Thanks for clarifying that rudger79! I am still running XP (and will do so probably for the life of my computers) and I didn't know that about Vista or Windows 7.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.