dallas_

Security Advisory for Adobe Reader and Acrobat CVE-2010-2883

I'm curious about this also because our company's workflow is primarly PDF. I haven't been able to find any information that indicates Kaspersky has updated their Defs for this. I did find an article that simply stated that only 25% of vendors have updated their Defs for this vulnerability but it failed to mention who. I noticed a couple articles where engineers from Kaspersky were explaining how this vulnerability works but they didn't indicate whether their product addresses it.

kaspersky do provide protection for this threat.

Hello Dzaster,

thank you for that information. However I have one additional question. One of the articles you linked mentions "our products detect it proactively using heuristics as Suspicious:HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic". However Kaspersky support suggested to us to switch off Proactive Defense some time ago because some trouble we had since moving to MP4. So we're not running Proactive Defense which I guess is Kaspersky's heuristics. Will we still be protected by signatures and the normal on access scanner?

Regards

Hi Derfraenk

I understand your confusion, please see below

PROACTIVE DEFENSE

Analyses the behaviour of files

HEURISTICS

Analyses the actions of files

The heuristic components are contained within File, Mail and Web AV and are independant to the ProActive defense module

Thanks

Dz

Thank you Dzaster, that really puts my mind at ease. Especially since some of our users have already reported receiving mails of this worm.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.