Hello,

I Just logged into my laptop and I keep getting security alerts from windows security centre, saying there is no firewall turned on, and no malware protection detected. However I checked kaspersky and it says 'your computer is protected'. It has not alerted me about any 'malfunctions' or components being turned off.

Can anyone help me or advice, much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have attached a screen shot of the alert I am getting from windows,

vista OS, if that helps.

post-270074-1282157707_thumb.jpg

I am also having this problem. My license still has 300 days left but for some reason vista cant dectect the antivirus software.

Hello,

I Just logged into my laptop and I keep getting security alerts from windows security centre, saying there is no firewall turned on, and no malware protection detected. However I checked kaspersky and it says 'your computer is protected'. It has not alerted me about any 'malfunctions' or components being turned off.

Can anyone help me or advice, much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have attached a screen shot of the alert I am getting from windows,

vista OS, if that helps.

Hello ive been having same problems this evening i even went to the extreme of reformatting hard drive wiping everything but still got this i thought it was just mine it was quite worrying until i found its happening to others i just hope kaspersky release an update or patch to fix this issue as it is stressfull to say the least

I was writting my blog and after the update i loged off my coumpter.Today morning i woke up i switched my the windows vista is not recognising my Kaspeskey. I tried to up date and made a scan. Everything is working fine in Kaspeskey Internet security but the windows is not recognising it. Can any one help me out please

I was writting my blog and after the update i loged off my coumpter.Today morning i woke up i switched my laptop the windows vista is not recognising my Kaspeskey. I tried to up date and made a scan. Everything is working fine in Kaspeskey Internet security but the windows is not recognising the soft ware.It says windows is not able to find your antivirus software in this computer. Can any one help me out please

Edited by Harish Mohandas

I am having the exact same problem. Firewall and antivirus are not regonized in Vista afer last update. Does anyone know whats going on?

I am having the exact same problem. Firewall and antivirus are not regonized in Vista afer last update. Does anyone know whats going on?

I am seeing the same issue with Windows 7 now as well.

I'm having the same problems exactly

Any ideas why is this happening?

I am using Windows 7. I have been noticed by the little flag in the right bottom that Kaspersky is turned off. I have been trying to turn it on since this morning but I cannot.

But KIS is running and functional as I successfully updated the database.

Yesterday a new definition for Windows Defender was downloaded and updated. It is Kb915597. Does it trouble everything?

Thanks for your help.

In the last twenty four hours, the same problem now occurs on all of three computers that run Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. KIS 2010 says everything is fine; Windows Security Centre says that the firewall is off and that there is no antivirus software running.

T3

Edited to add: Restarting KIS and/or restarting the Windows Security Centre Service did not fix the problem.

Edited by trident 3

Hi,

Same problem here with KIS 2010 and windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

MS security updates causing problems with Kaspersky ?

Similar post made by Danika in Russian forum informs us that the fix is being worked on and shall be forthcoming.

----------------

This issue does not affect security in any way. Red K tray icon is red, green banner at top of main Kaspersky window is green, all is good.

I have had this computer for a week, and performed a daily update and scan. Today, Action Center is claiming that "Kaspersky Internet Security reports it is turned off".

In Kaspersky's main window, I have a green banner, indicating my computer is protected. I have also performed a quick scan to check that it is working. Kaspersky completed the scan with no problem. I also noticed that Windows Defender is on.

Should I be worried, and what action should I take to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Hello:

As I am a newb, you will most definitely wish to wait for one of the experts to arrive, but I think you need to completely disable Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, BOTH in their user interface (to which you can navigate from the control panel), AND from servcies.msc.

If you did not have them both completely disabled before installing KIS, then the experts might advise you to uninstall KIS, disable both these programs/services, and then reinstall KIS.

(Or perhaps just disabling them will do the trick, without uninstalling/reinstalling KIS?)

You might want to have ready some basic system info (such as OS and SP, whether this was a clean install of KIS, what version of KIS, etc), as I expect the experts might ask for it.

I'm sure the kind and wise folks here will get you up and running quickly!

Regards,

MM

Earlier it was saying that my Anti-Virus was turned off. Checking another forum I tried disabling Windows Management Instrumentation and deleted the repository folder. After it was restarted it says that it doesn't detect any anti virus program.

Hello:

As I am a newb, you will most definitely wish to wait for one of the experts to arrive, but I think you need to completely disable Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, BOTH in their user interface (to which you can navigate from the control panel), AND from servcies.msc.

If you did not have them both completely disabled before installing KIS, then the experts might advise you to uninstall KIS, disable both these programs/services, and then reinstall KIS.

(Or perhaps just disabling them will do the trick, without uninstalling/reinstalling KIS?)

You might want to have ready some basic system info (such as OS and SP, whether this was a clean install of KIS, what version of KIS, etc), as I expect the experts might ask for it.

I'm sure the kind and wise folks here will get you up and running quickly!

Regards,

MM

The program used to be detected fine before today and I've been running it for almost two months now. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

It is due to patch D released (check KIS/KAV's ABOUT), KL will fix it soon, no need to worry.You Know should have version 9.x.x.xxx (a,b,c,d)

You Know should have version 9.x.x.xxx (a,b,c,d)

Promblem is fixed , but it looks like Windows Defender has been reactivated :unsure:

Will disable it again now ..

Edited by Berny

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.