hippoonroof

Mouse deactivated

21 posts in this topic

Have just installed Kaspersky pure. It's first action seems to have been to disable my dell usb mouse. I tried using other usb mice (microsoft,logitech) , but they won't work either. Windows XP says the mouse driver is installed, but the hardware cannot be found, and suggests I check if it's plugged in. It is plugged in! I found a few other people online reporting the same problem. Help!

Welcome. Please disable Windows Defender, uninstall Orbit Downloader, free up some more space on System partition, then tun the Kaspersky Removal tool:

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then uninstall Kaspersky> reboot, then run the removal tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=177856

You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

If still no go after that, pending possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

Welcome. Please disable Windows Defender, uninstall Orbit Downloader, free up some more space on System partition, then tun the Kaspersky Removal tool:

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then uninstall Kaspersky> reboot, then run the removal tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=177856

You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

If still no go after that, pending possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

I followed your instructions and it didn't resolve the issue. thanks

I got it working with whole day of work. Here is the trick just in case if anyone needs.

First uninstall the Kaspersky PURE and get mouse working.

1. open the registry editor.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\

3. Right-Click on the key {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and click Export. Save it to the desktop.

4. Install Kaspersky PURE and reboot the system.

5. With the help of the keyboard execute the saved registry file to restore the original registry values.

6. Reboot the system. Your mouse should work fine now.

Hope this helps to others.

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried this way :

3. Right-Click on the key {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and click Export. Save it to the desktop.

5. With the help of the keyboard execute the saved registry file to restore the original registry values.

This did not resolve the issue for me. Can anyone help me please?!

Welcome. Please inform Tech Support of this issue and also please tell us about your system.:

1) Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

2) Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus sub forum > sixth Important topic.

I got it working with whole day of work. Here is the trick just in case if anyone needs.

First uninstall the Kaspersky PURE and get mouse working.

Hope this helps to others.

I had the same problem and it was stuck at the activation code. I finally got kaspersky removed and did as u said and it WORKED !!!!!! What do I do with the registry I put on my desktop now?

Thanks for your help. You would think there would be something on Kaspersky to tell you what to do if it occured.

You would think there would be something on Kaspersky to tell you what to do if it occured.

That's one of the things this forum is for ;)

How does one do ANY of this without use of a mouse? The same thing has just happened to me, and I need the laptop ready to go in 24 hours to take with me on a business trip. Can someone help? I'm good with changing the registry, etc., I just don't know how to do that without the mouse working! :dash1:

I have the same problem when I was installing Kapersky Pure to my 32 bit Window XP desktop comuter. My usb mouse stopped working. I figured out the keyboard shortcuts to use instead of the mouse. But when it go to the part where you had to input your email address, I could not get past this part, without a mouse. I could not update the driver, because it says I have the recent one. I tried some driver update software but with the keyboard shortcuts that i need to do for it is not working.(I tried the software an another computer and it works on that computer) I uninstalled kapersky and my mouse still doesn't work. It must be the driver because the only thing that doesn't work in it are mouses.(Even wireless ones don't work) I think it maybe a virus, and have to restore my comuter. I don't really want to do this yet. Is there another way?

I did contact the support of Kaspersky and didn't get a solution; they didn't even read my email. The solution that they sent me was a uninstallation issue, which is not the problem. I have uninstalled Kaspersky and still have problem. (Unless uninstalling it from the add/remove doesn’t take it all off)

Is this problem a Windows XP problem or a 32 bit operating system problem?

I have three computers to install Kaspersky on. Kaspersky installed correctly on my 64 bit W7 laptop.

Kaspersky did not install on my 32 bit WXP desktop, because of the mouse problem that accured during doing so.

I have a 32 bit W7 laptop that I need to install Kaspersky in 3 days. Am I going to lose my mouse on it? I need a 32 bit system because i have software that I need. It only works in a 32 operating system.

:dash1:

This issue occurs very very very rarely. Please contact Tech Support again and re-inform them of what the issue is.

:dash1:

I could not get a solution so i unplugged everything and was going to take it so a place the next day for someone else to fix it. The next morning I forgot that i needed to save a few things, so I plugged everyhting back in. I was using the keyboard shortcuts when i noticed my mouse moving. YAY it now works. I don't know what fixed it though. The only thing I can think of that fixed it was having it disconnected from the power source for a long time, i probably didnt have it unplugged long enough. Or I did an update on it that fixed it that i am not aware of. However I wasn't comfortable using Kaspersky Pure agian on this computer. So I installed Kaspersky anti-virus to it instead. :bravo:

Ugh, yeah I've been having the same problem...This doesn't seem like it's a rare issue to me! : (

i have the same issue i just installed pure and after rebooting the mouse all of a sudden stopped working and after rebooting again the keyboard stop working and now the computer is stuck, because i cant select my user for putting my password.... :angry2:

what can i do know?????'

Welcome. The following Tech Support article is not on line, but it is posted below:

Support Article

Home › Support ›

Lost USB Functionality After Incorrect Upgrade to Kaspersky Software

Affected Products:

Anti-Virus 2010

Internet Security 2010

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011

Kaspersky PURE

Kaspersky PURE Release 2

Topics: Installation and Uninstallation, Troubleshooting

Article ID:

Knowledge Base Article:

The optimal way to upgrade Kaspersky is to completely remove any previous installations of Kaspersky, or other antivirus, and reboot the PC. After reboot, the new installation may be performed. Installation instructions may be found on our support site. The Before you Begin section in the Installation Guide indicates that previous versions should be uninstalled first, followed by a reboot of the PC.

If the previous version does not correctly uninstall it can lead to a loss of functionality of USB ports upon installation of the new version. To resolve this issue, please use one of the options below:

Option #1

Use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard to control the computer and run a registry fix.

To fix the system using PS/2 mouse and keyboard, you will need either one with a round plug. These are more common on older computers and desktops. Alternatively, you can use a USB to PS/2 adapter.

Plug in the PS/2 mouse and keyboard when the computer is off.

Turn on the computer and download our registry file: ftp://ftp2.kasperskyftp.com/consumer-prod.../USBRestore.zip

Save this file to your Desktop.

Right-click on the file USBRestore.zip and choose Extract, then Finish.

A window with the registry file will appear. Please double-click on it.

Press Yes to allow the file to be added when prompted.

Restart your computer and USB will be working again.

Option #2

Use the Kaspersky Removal Tool to automatically remove the incorrect entries from the registry.

Download the Kaspersky Removal Tool from the following link to your Desktop: http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/kavremover.exe

To run the Kaspersky Removal Tool, please double click the file you just downloaded on your Desktop.

When the application opens, please select Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security 2009 in the drop-down list.

If you do not see this option, fill in the Security Code displayed and click "Remove" to uninstall the current installed version first, then reboot the computer, run this Removal Tool again, then choose Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security 2009 from the drop-down list.

Fill in the Security Code that is displayed

Click Remove

Reboot the Computer if/when prompted.

Upon reboot, the USB should be repaired.

Option #3

Use a special edition of our Kaspersky Rescue Disk to remove the incorrect entries from the registry.

**(This step is not recommended for PC's with RAID hard drive configurations.)

If you do not have PS/2 ports on your computer or do not have PS/2 mice or keyboards available, you can download and burn a special edition of the Kaspersky Rescue Disk to resolve the problem. This should allow you to change the incorrect registry settings to allow the USB ports to work again in Windows.

Download and Burn the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 special USB Recovery edition

Download from this link: ftp://ftp2.kasperskyftp.com/consumer-prod...BRecover_v5.iso

For an in-depth PDF file on KRD 10: http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/gui...scuedisk_en.pdf

Start the affected computer with the special USB Recovery Rescue Disk edition

Put the CD you burned with the KRD in the top drive of the computer and restart.

You should see a prompt to press any key to start the Kaspersky Rescue Disk.

Run the "usbrecover" command in the Terminal

When the Kaspersky Rescue Disk main window appears, click Exit in the lower right.

Click Yes to confirm closing the window.

Open the Start Menu and go to Terminal.

If you cannot see the Start Menu, right-click on the background to access it via a popup menu.

Type in the command, all lower case: usbrecover

Press Enter.

If the script is successful, you should see the message: "Done! You can now reboot your PC and start Windows."

Close the terminal window.

Restart by going into the Start Menu and choosing Restart Computer.

Please Remove the CD from your CD Drive, as this may cause issues booting back into Windows.