Sign in to follow this  
_kaspersky_user

Licensing KIS 7 ( and other outdated progs)

Hi,

due to some reasons belonging to my work I _have_ to use Win2Kprof on one of my machines. Up until now, there was running KIS7 and there were no problems with. Now- the last license time is ended - and (as others experienced too due to forum content) : "No new licencsing possible!" is the only answer to get from support and sales service. There may be a lot of really good reasons to do so - but all the nice hints like "take a newer and therefore better and safer and ... and ... version" are senseless because these versions don't work on Win2K.

My proposal:

Why not giving KIS7 users a "forever" license only valid with KIS7? Maybe at least for the time, KIS 7 can deal with the new updates...

Some Reasons:

1. There can be some users which have no other choice than still to use Win2K.

2. That users (according to #1) will not buy any other license - because they have to stick to the OS Win2K.

3. User could be grateful to kaspersky for doing so - the other way will only produce users angry at Kaspersky.

kind regards

_kaspersky_user

Hi,

supporting old version always needs more company resources: tech. support, producing updates (btw bases format has changed since kis7 release) etc. Due to little number of kis7 users this service is, you know, unprofitable :)

Maybe you organisation can give you kav6wks licence? You can run it under Win2000.

regards,

Cheese.

Hi, Сыр,

thank you for answering.

...supporting old version always needs more company resources...

I was thinking about a fully non-supported version to use at the users own risk as long as it would be possible, e.g. with regard to changed base formates etc..

...Maybe you organisation can give you kav6wks licence? You can run it under Win2000.

No, unfortunately they decided use a kind of another IS-software driving me mad at least twice a day :dash1: .

Ok, I would have to search for another solution. Thanks again.

Regards

_kaspersky_user

The databases in older format are no longer being released. Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 2000 as an operating system either.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.