snaxo

BBC News site blocked, suddenly generating Phishing alert

Hi

Just now - whenever I try to visit BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/) (or any subsite of) KIS2011 web security is telling me it's blocked because it's been identified as a Phishing site.

Somehow, I don't think so. :rolleyes:

I presume I recent update has caused this - please can you fix asap?

Many thanks

Damian

Hi

Just now - whenever I try to visit BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/) (or any subsite of) KIS2011 web security is telling me it's blocked because it's been identified as a Phishing site.

Somehow, I don't think so. :rolleyes:

I presume I recent update has caused this - please can you fix asap?

Many thanks

Damian

i get this too, using KIS2010. seems to be linked to an auto-update from about 4.30pm BST today. IE8/FF3.6 have the same problem (so it's not some stupid FF javascript balls-up).

don't know how to roll this update back ...

Please write on newvirus@kaspersky.com

Please write on newvirus@kaspersky.com

.. i'd be glad to, but surely this isn't in fact an actual virus (actually, a phish) ...? i assume it's some sort of simple error in the DB update?

FWIW, AFAICT it's simply the root URL that's being flagged : http://www.bbc.co.uk/ : and consequently all sub-URLs as well. and i *really* don't think that the core BBC URL is phishing.

Edited by wpk20

yes you still need to email them and let them know its a false positive wpk20 ;)

ok will do ... (sorry, i n00b on this forum...)

yes you still need to email them and let them know its a false positive wpk20 ;)

Yes. Thanks.

It will be corrected in next update bases.

Thanks.

Suddenly today Kaspersky has started reporting the BBC website (bbc.co.uk) as a phishing site and stopped me viewing it. Can anyone suggest what might be going on?

Agreed, seems many are having the same issue - not sure of the rules around posting external links but there's a growing thread on avforums

Hello all,

Never faced any problems with Kasperksy in the years I've been using it. I think it really is one of most efficient in locating and exterminating viruses. Leaving all the pleasantries aside, I'm having a slight problem as we speak and was wondering if any of you guys can give me some feedback.

I just went through my usual cleaning routine with my Kaspersky antivirus. Once it finished, I tried to access BBC, but it just said "Page cannot be accessed because of Phissing". I thought I should try to disable my Kasperksy and see if it would then give me full access on the aforementioned BBC. As it turned out, it did and could then access the webpage of BBC. Then, I thought may be I should reactivate Kaspersky antivirus and see if I can have full access of the website. Once again, the experiment worked, but with a big difference I might add. I had the website fully opened infront of me but now I was getting a red exclamation mark that said "suspsicious URL for Phissing" everytime I hooever in the whole BBC site. In fact, the whole site is full of those exclamation marks.

Is there anyway I can access BBC without those exclamation marks? I mean, it has never happened to me a thing like that in all the times I have used Kasperksy antivirus in one of the so many usual cleaning routines with Kasperksy.

I would appreciate some feedback.

cheers all,

Constantinos.

Constantios

See my post from 20 minutes ago. I'm awaiting a resolution. The BBC changed the format of its web site today ... might have something to do with it. Watch this space.

Dick_F

My version of Kaspersky PUR is also blocking BBC reason Phishing Attack! Seems to be a problem with the changes BBC have made to their site.

Same here - got around it by reverting to previous copy of the Kapersky Databases. So presumably it was the latest update that caused it around 16:00 today for me.

I have just tried to go on the Radio 4 web site and I have been blocked - why

is it after the update today?

has the BBC been infected today and why is is not on national radio so we can hear about it on normal radios as we cannot stream anything?

please fix it asap.

Thank you

I have just tried to go on the Radio 4 web site and I have been blocked - why

is it after the update today?

has the BBC been infected today and why is is not on national radio so we can hear about it on normal radios as we cannot stream anything?

please fix it asap.

Thank you

not blocked on my pc,kis up to date

It will be corrected in next update bases.

Thanks.

now fixed (for me at least) - thanks

yep reported earlier and fixed already. it affected the entire bbc website after their updates to it.

yep reported earlier and fixed already. it affected the entire bbc website after their updates to it.

Glad its sorted - just planning a reinstall!

Guessed it was an update problem cos I'd been browsing the bbc site and saw the update run, after which it all went pear-shaped. There was clue in the KIS update log reports, which showed "update files are corrupted" messages. Latest update at 2208GMT was clean and the problem has disappeared.