• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
Kenshi90

Idle Scan settings

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, my question is: how does Idle Scan work, exactly? Does it use Full Scan scope and security level, or does it have its own settings, like the Startup Objects Scan?

Thank you very much, Lucian Bara, but my question was: if I set, for example, Full Scan's level on "High", will Idle Scan use the same level? Or does it have some hidden settings on its own, like the Startup Objects Scan?

Sorry for the difficult question, I hope I made myself clear :)

Idle scan is only to reduce the load of Kaspersky's scans - makes the scan use less resource impact if you're using the computer - at the cost of making the duration of the scan increase.

I think you may be referring to "Regular scans for active threats" rather than "Idle scan". The "Regular scans" has pre-set (hidden) settings of scan depth and folders to scan.

Thanks dawgg, I've understood. Just one more question: does anybody know why this "Regular Scan" is way slower than the "Critical Areas Scan"? It takes twice as long, but it scans the same number of objects, more or less: any reason why?

Regards

Edited by Kenshi90

Regular scan runs using less system resource so takes longer. This is to prevent the user from noticing any slowdowns during the scan.

Critical scans are manually started, so the user is more willing to experience slowdowns during the scan.