Midnite1

KIS 2011 Available When?, Where?, How to upgrade? how to Activate? Is it final?

If you decide to run the Removal Tool, make sure you have your Activation Code available as you will need to enter it when you install 2011.

Since 2011 is still beta, your purchased key won't work. Here are the keys to 2011 KIS and KAV, that will give you 90 days.

edit: del beta keys.

Edited by richbuff

Since 2011 is still beta, your purchased key won't work.

Hi. Sorry, but this is not true. :) Version 2011 from the product updates page HERE is released version and your commercial code will work.

It was released June 8th but not all parts of the world. Rumors have it it is due in the U.S in August sometime, and won't be fully supported here until that time.

EDIT: additional info: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2011/buy?qid=208282125

Edited by rudger79

Hi. Sorry, but this is not true. :) Version 2011 from the product updates page HERE is released version and your commercial code will work.

It was released June 8th but not all parts of the world. Rumors have it it is due in the U.S in August sometime, and won't be fully supported here until that time.

EDIT: additional info: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2011/buy?qid=208282125

Didn't realize it was on the products page already, ...cool.

I'm in the US so I'll give it go and see if it works or if we will have to wait till Aug.

Thanks for the news/correction.

----

Added:

Gave it go, but it didn't work. Think its because I'm running the beta build from the "dev" servers and not from the products page. Guess I could uninstall this and install from the products page and see if that allows for my key to activate it.

My current 2011 ver says "not for sale" anybody know if 2011 DL'ed from the products page says that?

Edited by LiveWire

I'm currently using KIS Version 2010 (9.0.0.736)

Just saw the kaspersky home page and 2011 final is official now Version 2011 (11.0.0.232)

Still wondering whether I should upgrade it yet or no.

I remember upgrading to the beta version of 2010 under Windows 7 and reporting bugs.....for version 2011 i did not So i'm not sure about the new features and the bugs...

Anyone any suggestions

I'm currently using KIS Version 2010 (9.0.0.736)

Just saw the kaspersky home page and 2011 final is official now Version 2011 (11.0.0.232)

Still wondering whether I should upgrade it yet or no.

I remember upgrading to the beta version of 2010 under Windows 7 and reporting bugs.....for version 2011 i did not So i'm not sure about the new features and the bugs...

Anyone any suggestions

I have installed KIS 2011 in 5 machines running 7χ64 ,Vistax32 without any bugs.So I believe that that you can proceed without problems.

KIS 2011 is NOT a BETA VERSION.

P.S. Forget all the bugs that we had in the previous version.No everything runs smoothly.

I'm confused: Where can I find 2011? I don't see it anywhere. I'm running 2010.

I'm confused: Where can I find 2011? I don't see it anywhere. I'm running 2010.

Look at the 2nd Important topic at the Top of This Page.

Ray

Hi

I will be installing KIS 2011 when released in uk on 1/7 how is the best way to install it.

Uninstall 2010 first and do fresh install of 2011

Install 2011 over 2010

If i need to uninstall first do i need a program remover or just delete through add/remove programs?

Thanks

Perry

I have installed KIS 2011 in 5 machines running 7χ64 ,Vistax32 without any bugs.So I believe that that you can proceed without problems.

KIS 2011 is NOT a BETA VERSION.

P.S. Forget all the bugs that we had in the previous version.No everything runs smoothly.

Thanks man

What bout slow down issues during update scan...PC lock ups and stuff......read somewhere on forums

Thanks man

What bout slow down issues during update scan...PC lock ups and stuff......read somewhere on forums

Theres only one way to find out if you are going to see anything like............uninstall what you have completely, reboot and install 2011 clean.

Shud I use the KIS removal tool to uninstall completely

Normal uninstall via the control panel will suffice. I always turn off self defense then right click K icon and then select exit, though, before uninstall. :)

Edited by rudger79

For some weird reason

one of my gadget has disappeared and I cannot use it anymore.

Sushi's DriveInfo gadget

mydesktop1l.th.jpg

For some weird reason

one of my gadget has disappeared and I cannot use it anymore.

Sushi's DriveInfo gadget

mydesktop1l.th.jpg

right click on desktop and click gadget and check if you find..

It is there but i'm unable to add it

never mind i'm using another Drive Info gadget

This issue comes up several times a year. Do we upgrade on top, as per Tech Article, or do we Clean upgrade to the next version, as per forum recommendation located in the second important topic; and why the difference in recommendations?

Tech Article is based upon assuaging the seething masses to whom the instructions: "Uninstall old and clean install new" may unnecessarily evoke feelings of fear, trepidation and irritation.

The forum recommendation located in the second Important topic is based upon taking a few minutes to uninstall old, and clean install new, to achieve a Clean Upgrade, which is a good thing.

You have been presented with two sets of instructions. Please review the Tech Article and then review the second Important topic and then please make your best choice.

Do I need to uninstall KAV 2010 before upgrading to KAV 2011?

From the post right above yours. :)

The forum recommendation located in the second Important topic is based upon taking a few minutes to uninstall old, and clean install new, to achieve a Clean Upgrade, which is a good thing.

Do I need to uninstall KAV 2010 before upgrading to KAV 2011?

Please at least read the thread you post in before posting from now on, this has been answerred several times already.

i have purchase kaspersky 2010. 361 days remaining. can i used may product key in 2011. coz last 2009 i used may kaspeskey product key 2009 to 2010. ty

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.