Midnite1

KIS 2011 Available When?, Where?, How to upgrade? how to Activate? Is it final?

If I buy KIS 2010 at the end of it's version cycle, when 2011 comes out, is there a cost to get it? Or are the "year" upgrades provided free while a subscription is active?

I don't know whether to buy now or wait till August.

Thanks.

ok thanks question answered by the merge, thatll teach me to actually look at the stickies

If I buy KIS 2010 at the end of it's version cycle, when 2011 comes out, is there a cost to get it? Or are the "year" upgrades provided free while a subscription is active?

I don't know whether to buy now or wait till August.

Thanks.

Hi, If, whenever, you buy 2010, you are able to upgrade to 2011 within the lifetime of 2010.....oh yeah....for free! :)

i cant find it to download on the kaspersky website but its on softpedia to download the trial can i activate it with my key even though its a trial

Hi

Is KIS 2011 out yet, as i have seen some links for this on other threads but i thought this was still in testing ??

Why is it not on Kaspersky website if released i can only find KIS 2010?

Hi

Is KIS 2011 out yet, as i have seen some links for this on other threads but i thought this was still in testing ??

Why is it not on Kaspersky website if released i can only find KIS 2010?

Thent is because it's not marketed in your region yet and will be later. 2011 is released, just not everywhere at the same time, usually over 1-2 months.

Thent is because it's not marketed in your region yet and will be later. 2011 is released, just not everywhere at the same time, usually over 1-2 months.

Softpedia supplies a link for KIS 2011 can i install from that in the UK (it states trial version) and i want i full version so i can input my 2010 code or will i have to wait until released in UK?

Download KIS2011 from here and save to your desktop: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates. Uninstall KIS2010 using Windows Add/Remove control panel (Keep Activation Data when offered - uncheck other options). Reboot. Install KIS2011 from saved file. Although KIS2011 should auto-activate, it would be a good idea to have your activation code (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

I did as you suggested and made a successful switch. Thanks, Dave

Softpedia supplies a link for KIS 2011 can i install from that in the UK (it states trial version) and i want i full version so i can input my 2010 code or will i have to wait until released in UK?

Read the thread, all info is already in this thread.....short answer, yes....but support is not available in case you need it. :)

I have installed KIS 2010 and it is activated with provided license. So Can I use this license for installing KIS 2011 instead of KIS 2010?

Yes. I recommend you uninstall KIS2010 (saving only activation data and anti-spam databases if you wish), restarting your computer and installing v2011 if you want to upgrade.

Please note, v2011 has not been officially released in all countries, and regional support may not provide assistance with issues until it is officially supported. You can still receive forum support.

I noticed that KAV and KIS 2011 are released on the global site, but not the US site.

Is there any good reason for this? It seems to already be available in English, and there are some support pages.

When will this be released on the US site? The US site says August, but it was released on the global site on June 8th.

I noticed that KAV and KIS 2011 are released on the global site, but not the US site.

Is there any good reason for this? It seems to already be available in English, and there are some support pages.

When will this be released on the US site? The US site says August, but it was released on the global site on June 8th.

Ok, so it's just not marketed to the US yet. Would there be any problems if someone in the US decided to upgrade from 2010 to 2011 before it is released in the US officially??

Would there be any problems if someone in the US decided to upgrade from 2010 to 2011 before it is released in the US officially??

Hi. No reason you can't do that. Just can't expect support until it is release in this region "officially". :)

Hi. No reason you can't do that. Just can't expect support until it is release in this region "officially". :)

Does anybody know what's causing the delay between releases on the global site and the US site? Is it bug fixes, translations, building help files, or what?

Read the thread you're posting in, it's already answerred....different marketing strategies for different markets and education of support personel before release.

Is it true that KIS and KAV 2011 are fully 64bit? I understand that 2010 and maybe some earlier versions are 64-bit compatible, but does the 2011 edition run as a 64 bit process? Also, if it does, then can I expect a performance boost on my 64 bit machine?

I am using KIS 2010 now on Windows7 64bit and I want to upgrade to KIS 2011 soon! Should I install it on the previous version or uninstall this version(2010) and then do a brand new install of KIS 2011?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.