Sign in to follow this  
fsds123

Admin Kit Critical Fix 1

I am considering upgrading the current Admin kit build from 8.0.2048 to 8.0.2090 using the Critical Fix 1 install. After some reading I am not so sure anymore.

Is this an upgrade? Or is it simply going to overwrite the previous install and require setting everything up again?

Anyone gone through the "upgrade" process?

As it written:

Start Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0 Critical Fix 1 installation on a computer with installed Administration Server and upgrade it. After installing Critical Fix 1, backward compatibility between the new and the old Administration Server version is supported. An upgrade does not eliminate any of the old Administration Server data.

When upgrading Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0, you should create a backup copy of the Administration Server using the klbackup.exe utility or Administration Server data backup task. In order to completely restore Administration Sever data, it is necessary to save the Server certificate.

I'd say go for it, CF1 has been more stable for us since we upgraded. If running in a VM take a snapshot just in case and run klbackup util.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.