VPN Split Tunnel not work

Recently, I installed Kaspersky Standard. I used Proton VPN split tunnel which include some application to go via that tunnel. But after I installed Kaspersky standard. The split tunnel not working. Here is the Scenario:

Application A included in Approved list to go via the VPN Tunnel in Proton VPN

Application B exclude in the Approved list to go via the VPN Tunnel in Proton VPN

1. When Kaspersky is turned on

Application A cannot access internet

Application B can access internet

2. When Kaspersky is paused

Application A cannot access internet

3. When Kaspersky is exited (Not running)

Application A can access internet

Is there anything I can do or check?

Thanks.

KC

I have the same issue after the lastest update for my Kaspersky Plus. After the latest update from Kasperky, the split tunnel stopped working too. VPN works if i don't use split tunnel, but if i use split tunnel the applications i set to use it, they all get blocked.

I use PIA VPN.

If i uninstall Kasperky, it works again.

Edited by MarcioT

I have the same Issue... normal VPN is working.. as soon i activated split tunneling .. connection is blocked..Im using proton VPN..

Windows diagnosticas show following in chrome 

Details zu Netzwerksicherheit Diagnose: 

Einstellungen, die möglicherweise die Verbindung blockieren:
Anbietername: 		Kaspersky Lab Provider
Anbieterbeschreibung: 	Kaspersky Lab WFP Traffic processing filter Provider
Filtername: 		Kaspersky Lab WFP Traffic processing filter cbr ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4 filter
Anbieterkontextname: 	-

disabling kaspersky security doesnt help.. only when i completly close kasperksy VPN split tunneling behaves normal again ..

seems this issue came with the last kaspersky update..

Edited by q2023

Like @MarcioT I am also using PIA as my vpn and split tunnel has stopped working for me since yesterday when I moved to Kaspersky Standard from my previous Kaspersky Internet Security (which allowed Split Tunnel to work).

Can you please inform us on how we are meant to fix this problem.

If you want me to generate a trace then please provide full instructions for Kaspersky Standard on how to do so as the trace menu I have differs to the screenshots you have sent, and also provide a Request number for me to use per the software request below

image.thumb.png.634e1191f44116bbacafc41fc03f3340.png

@Berny are you intentionally ignoring that everyone in this thread has said we are not using Kaspersky VPN? The VPN I am using is Private Internet Access. The problem is Kaspersky Anti-Virus is stopping our VPN services, from companies other than your own, from working properly with the Split Tunnel feature.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:15 PM, Berny said:

@Boulder

Sorry for the confusion , i was referring to the screenshot in your previous Post.
Did you try to create an exclusion :
Kaspersky → ⚙️Settings → Security → Manage exclusions → Add new exclusion →  File or folder → [Add]

I have same problem with PIA and split tunnel after the update, its the pia-winsvcstub.exe (which is the split tunnel part) there is blocked or something by kaspersky ( I have kaspersky Plus)  and i just tried this and it doesn't work

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I got the same issue, PIA Split Tunneling stopeed working since my Kaspersky Standard updated to the latest version. First I thought it's a problem with my PC, but Kaspersky updated on my laptop today and I am having the same problem.

Reinstalling the PIA split tunnel filter (on the about page of the PIA application) helped for a while, not any more.

Hi donald42

It will be purely be an unintended change in the new 21.14.5.462 platform, causing the issue, not anything intentional on Kaspersky's part, to force the use of their own VPN.

I tested the Windscribe VPN desktop app, and found that worked in split tunnel mode, so possibly how Nord, Proton, and PIA etc., employ split tunnel could be a factor.

Hopefully it won't take too long for Kaspersky to resolve.

I am in the same boat. It is weird because I had Kaspersky installed after getting hacked back in June this year. I had to install Windows fresh from scratch and have been using Kaspersky alongside Proton VPN since then and had no issues. 

However, I remember having this problem before. I got it fixed by reinstalling Proton. Now this workaround doesn't work anymore, sadly.

I have been in contact with Kaspersky to find a solution to this problem and today I got a email with a link to a beta and i just tried it and split tunnel with PIA is working again, and just wrote back that it is working again, so i think there is a update very soon

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...