kittycat

What is Otto - do I need to be concerned

5 posts in this topic

My pc is pretty slow and I was looking at programs I could delete and came across Otto. What is this? Kaspersky doesn't pick it us as a virus so is it anything to worry about. I'm pretty green on IT issues and didn't set the pc up myself so it may be something that I need - any suggestions please.

There are a few things you can try.

One is to update your Network Adapters, links are located in the Summery > Update tab of your report.

Next, try this brief and easily reversible diagnostic tactic: Start > Run > type msconfig > ok > Startup tab > uncheck all items except Kaspersky/avp.exe >

Services tab > Hide all Microsoft services > uncheck the remaining services, except for Kaspersky > apply > ok > restart. Any better?

And lastly, clean upgrade your Kaspersky product, links, instructions and tips are located in the fourth and second Important topics.

There are a few things you can try.

One is to update your Network Adapters, links are located in the Summery > Update tab of your report.

Next, try this brief and easily reversible diagnostic tactic: Start > Run > type msconfig > ok > Startup tab > uncheck all items except Kaspersky/avp.exe >

Services tab > Hide all Microsoft services > uncheck the remaining services, except for Kaspersky > apply > ok > restart. Any better?

And lastly, clean upgrade your Kaspersky product, links, instructions and tips are located in the fourth and second Important topics.

thanks, I'll give them a try.

Sue