KB2

Numerous issues Admin kit 8.0.2090

since i upgraded the server and network a couple of months back i have been struggling with various automation errors relating to the admin kit

- scheduled group tasks; simply do not run as per the schedule, i get no errors, no messages, no indication at all that they are not working until i get an alert that bases are out of date or scan hasnt been run in a long time. if i then manually start the task it runs fine on all of the machines it covers? It does work for some of the groups ( i have 8 different groups all with different policies and tasks), but others it does nothing unless i run manually.

i have re-built tasks from scratch just to make sure its not an issue when they were upgraded, but still no joy.

servers are 2003, workstations are mainly xp, a few win 2k and vista, win 7 machines

- licence key updates; this could be related to the problems with the group tasks, but when i ran the global task to install the licence keys, i marked the setting "use when active key expires" , so it would just switch over to the new key as the other one ran out (some pcs expire a few weeks after the others). this has always worked on previous versions, but this time round the old keys simply expired, and i then get an alert and have to manually run a task to intall the keys.

this has occured on both servers and workstations?

- up2date.exe; This is something that has only started occuring recently. It will run for hours, using all of the cpu for the server. i have altered the settings slightly to stop task after 60mins, so may help, unless of course it doesnt download the updates. when i came on this morning it had been running for over 6 hours? this has been working fine until now

so basically with this new version i have ended up having to do a lot more previous automated jobs manually to keep my network secure, previous version was fine, i had no issues at all :(

as far as i am aware everything is using the latest versions:

server: 6.0.4.1424

workstation:6.0.4.1424

admin kit: 8.0.2090

i have considered it might be down to the machine the server is running on, its not the highest spec machine on network, but does nothing else but run the kaspersky server. I dont really want to start moving things un-neccsarily

thoughts, ideas, fixes welcome :)

- up2date.exe; This is something that has only started occuring recently. It will run for hours, using all of the cpu for the server. i have altered the settings slightly to stop task after 60mins, so may help, unless of course it doesnt download the updates. when i came on this morning it had been running for over 6 hours? this has been working fine until now

so basically with this new version i have ended up having to do a lot more previous automated jobs manually to keep my network secure, previous version was fine, i had no issues at all :(

as far as i am aware everything is using the latest versions:

This is something just today I notice happening, anything I can look into rather then just keep killing the process?

This is something just today I notice happening, anything I can look into rather then just keep killing the process?

Having the same issue here. Hoping somebody will from Kaspersky hops on this problem and provide a solution...

Currently the issue is under analysis.

Please be informed that there is a possible workaround to solve the problem.

1.Stop the update taks

2.Kill the process up2date.exe

3.Clean the folder:

“…\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder\"

(e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder\".

4.Run the update taks again.

I had the same issue. The workaround resolved it.

Currently the issue is under analysis.

Please be informed that there is a possible workaround to solve the problem.

1.Stop the update taks

2.Kill the process up2date.exe

3.Clean the folder:

“…\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder\"

(e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder\".

4.Run the update taks again.

tryed the temp fix

no longer going cpu crazy

but obviously is now having to download all of bases again (quite a large amount of data), looks like its going to be ok

although not sure what will happen next time it tries to download?

will it just lock up again?

edit* : yep download task completed succesfully

1 down, 2 to go!!

Edited by KB2

Just adding my experience with 8.0.2090.

I ran into the same update issue with 8.0.2090. I have just recently updated (which went good) to 2090 (about a week ago) from 8.0.2048 which worked flawlessly. 2090 worked fine for few days and then it hung downloading updates. I have noticed that up2date is a bit of a dog when running, eating up to 50% CPU. The workaround seems to work for now.

I have both MP3 and MP4 client with 8 different groups each with their own scheduled updater and have not had an issue and all other scheduled tasks work fine.

I have not had to push out a new key with the 2090 version, so I cant comment on that part. 2048 worked just fine.

More info:

I have the admin server update running ever 25 minutes.

~170 clients attached +11 servers as clients.

Client machines are XP SP3, Server 2k3 R2, Server 2k8, Netware OES 6.5 SP8

Clients are running 6.0.4.1424, 6.0.4.1212, 6.0.3.837, and 6.0.2.678 AV with Agent versions 8.0.2090 and 8.0.2048.

Admin Server is a IBM xSeries 226 2.8 Xeon 4GB ram

This server runs only AV and DNS.

Just adding my experience with 8.0.2090.

I ran into the same update issue with 8.0.2090. I have just recently updated (which went good) to 2090 (about a week ago) from 8.0.2048 which worked flawlessly. 2090 worked fine for few days and then it hung downloading updates. I have noticed that up2date is a bit of a dog when running, eating up to 50% CPU. The workaround seems to work for now.

I have both MP3 and MP4 client with 8 different groups each with their own scheduled updater and have not had an issue and all other scheduled tasks work fine.

I have not had to push out a new key with the 2090 version, so I cant comment on that part. 2048 worked just fine.

More info:

I have the admin server update running ever 25 minutes.

~170 clients attached +11 servers as clients.

Client machines are XP SP3, Server 2k3 R2, Server 2k8, Netware OES 6.5 SP8

Clients are running 6.0.4.1424, 6.0.4.1212, 6.0.3.837, and 6.0.2.678 AV with Agent versions 8.0.2090 and 8.0.2048.

Admin Server is a IBM xSeries 226 2.8 Xeon 4GB ram

This server runs only AV and DNS.

Forgot to add that Kaspersky Administration Kit is running on server 2k3 SP2.

not been able to get an update to work since this

now fails with an operation cancelled error?

if run automatically or manually, going to keep working on it :(

going to start a support ticket over other 2 issues as nothing forthcoming on here

saidd

used the delete temp folder suggestion mentioned in another topic, that seems to resolved it for now

if problem persists i will alter settings to use the ftp server and give you a reply

Got the same issue regarding updates not happening & cpu usage on the server at 100% after updating a few files.

Workaround worked fine.

(before applying the workaround, I also received alerts regarding "Error verifying file signatures" for several files (but the update wasn't working till the end anyway))

Edited by woookash

I Tried the workaround and worked fine, the process up2date.exe was taking 100% cpu usage. For now it's normal! =]

And if anyone is running admin kit on windows 2k8 the folder contents are located at: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp

Edited by Dragon Killer

I have tried all the solution above, but the up2date.exe process still using 100% cpu usage.

The cpu usage went 0% after I went to services.msc and stop the klserver.exe

Right now.. theres no solution for my server.

It runs on Win2k3 Sp2 and using adminkit 8.0.2090 with 1000 workstation.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.