I had this issue once before when I was running Office 2007, I believe in Vista. When brought to this board, the overall consensus was that I probably had older software that was causing the problem.

Now the same problem has arisen again. But:

I had all my software, including KIS 2010 installed and was having no problem whatsover. The yesterday I installed Office 2010. I had four BSODs over the next twelve hours. One of these came over night last night, with no activity on the machine. I set it on at 11pm (Pacific), at 3am all was fine, and at 8am I had a BSOD.

I had started up the machine "normally" so all my "regular" software (keyboard macro program, clipboard manager, etc.) was loaded, but otherwise the machine was inactive.

So it went 3 hours without issue, and then crashed. And this aft6r I had been running KIS on the very same setup -- without Office 2010 -- for some two weeks, without NO BSOD.

I'm not sure that the assumption that it is older software is valid, since the same software works flawlessly with KIS until I install Office.

Is there some setting I'm missing here?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...80186d47795762f

There's the GetSystemInfo link. Unfortunately it won't show a KIS install, as I had to uninstall KIS in order to be able to use the machine without crashing.

Again, as I think this is critical, KIS was running fine with this exact configuration until I installed Office 2010.

It would be great to figure out what is doing this.

Regards,

Chuck Billow

Edited by CWBillow

Hi. Orbit downloader is incompatible with KIS it will have to be uninstalled and not installed as long as KIS is. :)

Uninstall Orbit downloader and all the comodo items showing in the picture:

post-135305-1273785544_thumb.png

Reboot and try to install KIS again. Update and reboot.

KIS2010 email functions need patching for Office 2010 support. you may want to revert to Office 2007 until the MS Office retail release date in June at minimum before making the committed leap to the new RTM Office product. KAV2010 works fine but doesn't need the same level of integration.

KIS2010 email functions need patching for Office 2010 support. you may want to revert to Office 2007 until the MS Office retail release date in June at minimum before making the committed leap to the new RTM Office product. KAV2010 works fine but doesn't need the same level of integration.

Well that certainly answers that. Between Orbit and Office issues, it's clear that I need to come back later... Although the Orbit didn't seem to be a problem...

Thanks guys...

I have been running the 32 bit version of Office 2010 since it was released to Technet (3 weeks ago) with no issues whatsoever. OS is Windows 7 x64. Running KIS 2010 and having no problems. I would keep looking for the cause of the BSOD. Get the STOP Error number and go from there. I'm sure they will come up with a more elegant integration for Outlook 2010 and the AntiSpam, but I haven't had any problems with BSODs.

I have been running the 32 bit version of Office 2010 since it was released to Technet (3 weeks ago) with no issues whatsoever. OS is Windows 7 x64. Running KIS 2010 and having no problems. I would keep looking for the cause of the BSOD. Get the STOP Error number and go from there. I'm sure they will come up with a more elegant integration for Outlook 2010 and the AntiSpam, but I haven't had any problems with BSODs.

I'll keep trying.

Thanks,

Chuck

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.