Ask Eugene! Read more... ×
Goldy

Errors deploying workstations upgrade

Hi guys.

Ever sins MP4 and AdminKit 8, I'm having ALOT of errors, while trying deploying workstation upgrade, From Pre MP4 to MP4, and also from 6.0.4.1212 to 6.0.4.1424.

Some Upgrades work just fine, and some just don't work.

Until MP4 all upgrades work perfectly smooth.

My network is in a form of a big workgroup (500 WS), divided to some VLANs.

Some of the Errors I'm getting:

1.Other errors

Unclassified error. Error information is available in event description.

2. Installation is pending

Application install / uninstall procedure started earlier is not completed on this computer. To complete the previous install / uninstall procedure, you must restart the operating system and run the install / uninstall program again (Restart - didn't help).

3.Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 (6.0.4.1424): Network Agent's task failed: Failure compressing data

4.Remote installation failed on the computer: Fatal error during installation. (You must restart your computer before proceeding with the installation.)

Has anyone run into similar problems?

:unsure:

Edited by Goldy

Some of the Errors I'm getting:

1.Other errors

Unclassified error. Error information is available in event description.

2. Installation is pending

Application install / uninstall procedure started earlier is not completed on this computer. To complete the previous install / uninstall procedure, you must restart the operating system and run the install / uninstall program again (Restart - didn't help).

3.Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 (6.0.4.1424): Network Agent's task failed: Failure compressing data

4.Remote installation failed on the computer: Fatal error during installation. (You must restart your computer before proceeding with the installation.)

Hello! Please provide the following information:

1. All the files like $klr*.* from the system temp folder (usually %WINDIR%\TEMP) on the client computers where the installation fails with errors #2, #4.

2. (Optionally): WKS installer trace files from the client computers where these errors occur.

3. The remote installation task results (history) from the computers where it fails (task results -> select computer in the upper part of the windows -> open context menu in the lower part of the window -> export to a text file). Please be sure to save results for all the error types mentioned (#1 - #4).

4. Kaspersky Event Log (exported to a *.evt file).

5. Probably in future we have to ask you for a server trace file during the error #3 reproduction. If you can, please do it now. Or we can try first to start with the other information.

Thank you!

Hello! Please provide the following information:

2. (Optionally): WKS installer trace files from the client computers where these errors occur.

3. The remote installation task results (history) from the computers where it fails (task results -> select computer in the upper part of the windows -> open context menu in the lower part of the window -> export to a text file). Please be sure to save results for all the error types mentioned (#1 - #4).

4. Kaspersky Event Log (exported to a *.evt file).

5. Probably in future we have to ask you for a server trace file during the error #3 reproduction. If you can, please do it now. Or we can try first to start with the other information.

Thank you!

2. Where?

3. Please be more specific where "task results" is.

4. How do you export it on the WS?

5. How do I get the "trace file" ?

We have had the same issue in testing when upgrading our clients from Network and AV from Admin kit 6. The Admin kit has been upgraded to 8 and all new workstations have MP4 installed.

I have reported this already to support.

We can not upgraded yet all our machines both the network and Av from 6t o MP4.

We have to uninstall the Workstation Reboot the machine. Uninstall the Agent Reboot the machine and then run the MP4. Thats three reboots. Support have rasied issue with development and we have provide all the informations requied but yet we have not had a answer. Its been now three months.

Edited by m1nz

I already reported this to Support - right after Upgrading to MP4.

Haven't heard anything ever since.

I thought it might get better between the new versions later on.

Well - It doesn't.

I defiantly hope Kaspersky will fix this HUGE bug.

I don't see my self running around every time I have to upgrade my 500 clients WS.

:angry:

Edited by Goldy

2. Where?

Look here: How to enable installation\uninstallation tracing in Kaspersky Lab corporate products

3. Please be more specific where "task results" is.

You can see the "Results" button on the General page of the task Properties dialogue, for example.

4. How do you export it on the WS?

What do you mean? You can do it manually (using export command in the context menu) or by using klactgui.exe utility which is a part of Kaspwrsky Administration Kit installation.

5. How do I get the "trace file" ?

For example, by using klactgui.exe utility which is a part of Kaspwrsky Administration Kit installation. Look here: http://support.kaspersky.com/ak8/utilities...8280778#tracing

Hi.

It seems there is an error with the Reboot command or so.

For some strange reason, some of the computers manage to upgrade themselves after a few days.

(My scheduler - try every 6 hours).

"Remote installation failed on the computer: Fatal error during installation. (You must restart your computer before proceeding with the installation.)"

:huh:

Edited by Goldy

Just last word concerning this topic.

I have checked with Kaspersky and after some checking, there response was that it has something to do with my clients computers (all 500 of them).

Trying to explain that this issues never accrue during all thos year I'm working with Kaspersky, and started ONLY after MP4 and after installing the new Admikit - didn't help.

The best advice I could get is to get help from support...

The support in my country also doesn't know what to do and they said that they also gave up trying getting response from the international Kaspersky.

I'm working with quite a few companies an softwares in my organization and I have to say I have never come across this kind of response.

I like the software, but there are also other good AV softwares around' so if Kaspersky will not put themselves together and look seriously at this issue, I guess I'll have to look for another one.

:nono:

Well, by the way, why have not you provided the information you were asked for (by the support team)?

I have run into a similar situation. Upgrading via Admin Kit, .1424 for Server and so far no problems, but this one server seems to eat up all the space and then gives me this failure compressing data message.

I can provide details unless there's already a fix/work around or I'm doing something wrong.