Sign in to follow this  
supy

update WS from 5.0.228 to 5.0.676

Hi,

over the admin kit, we try to deploy the new version on our 100 workstation; after creating a task with the new kpd file, we get the result on the test PCs:

* installation works without any problems,

* BUT if we are looking on the PC, there is no more active anti-virus on it after the installation finished :blink: Only when the PC new reboots, kas is again active.

This occurs during worktime, means people are connecting to internet or reading mails. How can I make the installation so that kav stats again after it ?

Regards

To add to that: As soon as your task for running the deployment is finished, you could check the 'History' button of that task. And probably you will see that it says 'Waiting for Reboot' for many of your deployments.

This is absolute normal behaviour for a KAV WKS or FS upgrade.

I sometimes find some computers don't reboot after the install despite the fact that the deployment package says they should. In that case I run a batch file with shutdown /r commands in from a server with snmp installed.

Edited by ScottV

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.