dli285

How to delete a virus

14 posts in this topic

I'm new with Kaspersky so i don't really know how to delete a virus. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. I currently have one virus but on the page that shows it, i cannot delete it. There's no button to press to delete a virus except for the button, disinfect all. However, the button doesn't work, it is lightly colored which means i can't press it. I have checked the Vulnerability area but there are none. How do i get rid of my virus?

Most likely Kaspersky has already handled it. Select Active Threats from the drop-down box below the Detected Threats Tab. If it’s empty and your main protection banner is green, all good signs.

If you'd like forum members to take a closer look, please post a screenshot of your Detected Threats Tab with columns widened so all text is visible. Instructions if needed:

1. Display the Detected Threats Tab with columns widened so all text is visible.

2. Press the “Prt Scr” key (usually next to the F12 key).

3. Open the Paint program (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint).

4. Select Edit > Paste > File > Save As (jpeg or png).

5. When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

I'm new with Kaspersky so i don't really know how to delete a virus. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. I currently have one virus but on the page that shows it, i cannot delete it. There's no button to press to delete a virus except for the button, disinfect all. However, the button doesn't work, it is lightly colored which means i can't press it. I have checked the Vulnerability area but there are none. How do i get rid of my virus?

If yr upper Kaspersky ribbon is green you are OK.But if that ribbon is red then you must click on Fix it.

Thanks, that helped a lot.

Pleased that we helped you.

Pleased that we helped you.

I have a similar issue however when I click on "Fix it", my computer seems to be thinking about it and then nothing happens. I've got alot of things on these lists, but I don't know how to delete any of it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks:)

Welcome. Please provide detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Welcome. Please provide detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

There is the screenshot. I wanna make sure it is off my computer, not just quarantined. Thank you for your help.;)

post-285307-1276386617_thumb.jpg

You're welcome. In this case, the question is: Are those items known to you, and do you know if they are from the Official source?

Merijn tools\Kill2me. Is it from the Official source?

GeeksquadCD.iso. Is it from an Official source?

You're welcome. In this case, the question is: Are those items known to you, and do you know if they are from the Official source?

Merijn tools\Kill2me. Is it from the Official source?

GeeksquadCD.iso. Is it from an Official source?

yeah I don't understand what you mean when you say "official source", but I am assuming you mean do i know it and trust it. geeksquadcd.iso is the only one I trust. How do I get rid of those. I had kaspersky delete them in a pop up, but I guess that didn't do the job.

That means you got them from where they are supposed to come from. If they came from where they are supposed to come from, they may be false positives. If they came from a fringe source, then maybe they are not false positives. Have you tried navigating to them in Windows Explorer and deleting them?

That means you got them from where they are supposed to come from. If they came from where they are supposed to come from, they may be false positives. If they came from a fringe source, then maybe they are not false positives. Have you tried navigating to them in Windows Explorer and deleting them?

Actually I have not. I don't understand how to delete them with windows explorer. I have heard of false positives and all but I can't say I truly understand them. Could you help me understand how to navigate to them in windows explorer and delete them there? I have heard of doing it, but never found out how. thanks:)