Two unknown processes

Hello,

In the Kaspersky app manager i found two processes (System, Registry) that are neither in a trusted group (grey square) nor have any popularity level (five grey busts), are they legtimate?

Meanwhile, Console Window Host is using 12% of the cpu (in windows task manager), and 8% in Kaspersky app manger.

I uploaded a screenshot of the items. Could there be a threat?

systemandregistry.thumb.png.fc57d156e48da2b697cc49ad39eb5614.png

image.thumb.png.d005eee2f52a13897cd1717b42d03221.png
image.thumb.png.310a7df83a1530f32f9e3f8a59b75b86.png

Edited by Joseph_Batna

Hello @Joseph_Batna, Welcome.

If 'Console Window Host' is listed in the task manager, probably an input window (cmd.exe) is active or a program was started in it. Be careful: this can also be open invisible.

As for the other entries: can you double click on 'Registry' or 'System'? Then more detailed data should be displayed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Schulte said:

If 'Console Window Host' is listed in the task manager, probably an input window (cmd.exe) is active or a program was started in it. Be careful: this can also be open invisible.

I see no cmd.exe window, might be invisible.

As for the other entries: can you double click on 'Registry' or 'System'? Then more detailed data should be displayed.

Doublic clicks work for all process exept these two, furthermore, right clicking on system open an inactive element:
image.thumb.png.294001e42aaf571ed9b6b74bee42a0b2.png

36 minutes ago, Joseph_Batna said:

Doublic clicks work for all process exept these two, furthermore, right clicking on system open an inactive element:

This seems to be normal.
I could also find 'System' on my computer (Win7), but not 'Registry'. The behavior is like yours, no reaction on double click, no options by right clicking. I assume that these are regular Windows services.

Are you possibly running a Windows update, a hard disk optimization or something similar in the background? This could also explain the cmd.
Please wait until tomorrow, maybe it will look different then.
I don't think it's malware, but you can contact the support. They are allowed to request and evaluate the crucial logs, we here in the forum unfortunately not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joseph_Batna said:

In the Kaspersky app manager i found two processes (System, Registry) that are neither in a trusted group (grey square) nor have any popularity level (five grey busts), are they legtimate?

Hello @Joseph_Batna

Also, yes, both SystemRegistry are legitimate Windows Operating system processes.

Both are GREY = LOCKED - to prevent *users* from messing around with them. 

Another also, when posting screen images, please post the full screen, use the Search field (1 in our image below) to filter for the process that's concerning (you), heavily cropped images are very difficult to work with. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b167290d457be978a147fc86231926c5.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

9 minutes ago, Joseph_Batna said:

Thank you guys that's reassuring. As for the cmd it seems back to normal today.

Excellent @Joseph_Batna

Thank you for posting back & sharing with the Community, cmd is no longer a concern & you're reassured regarding Windows Operating system processes: System & Registry, being grey & locked.

Flood?+?