Steve Burkett

Kaspersky Antivirus 5.0 for Windows File Servers

New Windows File Server version now up for grabs, hoping they have indeed fixed the 'considerable slowdown in opening of files from the network drives', plus good to see the ability to limit how many processes KAV fires up on your boxes.

--

WHAT'S NEW

Version 5.0.77 (release date: 31.05.2006) - Maintenance Pack 4

Added:

- possibility to change the number of anti-virus kernel instances, that provide anti-virus scan, in order to adjust the speed of scanning

Fixed:

- errors that occured during application operation and led to increased consumption of system resources

- error that occured when application was installed together with Kaspersky Administration Kit and that led to impossibility of obtaining updates from administration server when the computer network name has been changed

- considerable slowdown in opening of files from the network drives, that caused inconveniences for the users

- errors that occured during JScript and VBScript scripts execution

- error detecting malicious code in the corrupted RAR-archives

I have to question Kaspersky on the timeliness of this release though. It's taken 7 months for them to come up with a fix for the considerable slowdown on network drive access, which would be the number one task that a Windows File Server does.

This is in stark contrast to the almost monthly updates for the workstation version. Hope that Kaspersky put some more resources into supporting their business users in the future.

I have to question Kaspersky on the timeliness of this release though. It's taken 7 months for them to come up with a fix for the considerable slowdown on network drive access, which would be the number one task that a Windows File Server does.

This is in stark contrast to the almost monthly updates for the workstation version. Hope that Kaspersky put some more resources into supporting their business users in the future.

Hello!

Suuport is very bad. They ask you stupid questions and they doesn't know how to solve problems.

I have two questions:

1. AdminKit (5.0.1152) detect error in realtime protection for KAV windows Workstation: Failed (Error code: 32505856). What is wrong with KAV (5.0.676)? Another bug?

2. Why is iStreams turn off (Kaspersky Lab's experts recommendations) in FS?

Iztok

Can't go in to too much details here, but the bug reported for the considerable slowdown of fileservers was only reported a short while ago (approx. 1 month.) Solution was made and tested on a 300+ server array within 2 weeks after initial report.

Then again.. KAV for FIleServer is a business product. Do you want new releases for this every month? And also require a restart after every upgrade? It'll be good for your servers uptime ;)

1. AdminKit (5.0.1152) detect error in realtime protection for KAV windows Workstation: Failed (Error code: 32505856). What is wrong with KAV (5.0.676)?

Hello!

This errosr was because ckah.set was deleted. I don't know who delete this file on 12 computers. :o Strange.

Another thing: I enabled updates for IDS in AdminKit.

Thanks Oleg!!

Edited by IztokK

Can't go in to too much details here, but the bug reported for the considerable slowdown of fileservers was only reported a short while ago (approx. 1 month.)

Hello!

My fileserver is considerable slowdown with new version 5.0.77., old (5.0.72(4)) version is faster.

I must to install KAV for file server on two servers. Which version than you suggest?

Regards

Samo

I must to install KAV for file server on two servers. Which version than you suggest?

Regards

Samo

5.072(4) is better and faster on my server.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.