I've been using Kaspersky now for about a month and a half. Still getting familiar with it, but haven't made any settings changes in the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden tonight I am getting popups for blocked pagead2.googlesyndication. I've done a search and obviously this is just ad blocking. However, I have yet to enable anti-banner which leads to my confusion. These popups were for blocked trojans labeled as mentioned above. If these are just google ads why are they popping up as trojans, also why did these just start happening tonight if I have not made any changes to the settings recently? I know my questions are pretty vague, please let me know if I am missing any more relevant information. ;)

Hi. Probably the web page is infected and KIS blocked it and the pop up is warning you about it. A screenshot of the pop up should tell the story. Please post a screenshot of this pop up.

Also please post a screenshot of detected threats. Open KIS (click the K in the tray)->click the green radar at the bottom of the page and post a screnshot of all detected threats. Also change all to active threats to make sure that part is empty.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Edited by rudger79

so much web site said got virus, i think is DB problem.

KL support please check about it.

Here's the screenshots you asked for. Of course an unreputable website would be suspect, but these popups are coming from safe sites..... that's one part that confuses me.

png sted huge bmp

Edited by richbuff

Here is the second screenshot.

edit: png sted bmp.

Edited by richbuff

@rudger79

We don't think this is a flase positive, it is a false positive....!

@rudger79

Why would this happen suddenly then? I would guess that if this was a problem I would have been getting popups from day 1 but this just started happening out of the blue tonight.

I am having the same issue, I have submitted a false positive with screen shot. I was thinking my website was infected but its happening for heaps of sites and none of my other computers with different Antivirus software is poping up with this.

@rudger79

Well then calm down and take a chill pill. It has probably got the attention of KL and hopefully they will sort it out. :)

i'm not convinced it is a false positive just because it is a google service. the adverts themselves are triggering the warning and not the google server being accessed. it is more than likely a genuine threat being blocked. I get them too but as they are dealt with I am satisfied that KAV has intervened before any potential damage can be done. I much prefer false positives to no detection of actual threats though.

post-219877-1264416946_thumb.jpg

Edited by antikythera

Hi,

I also saw recenly Google involved in the "Zero Day vulnerability in internet Explorer".

Microsoft released a couple of days ago an important patch.

I assume this is another case that has nothing to do with this thread .... :unsure:

Edited by Berny

Also having this same issue, started today for me.

Ive got like 100 of them in my log....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yep me too.Me have a feeling this is a FP of some kind.It happends with both IE8,and FF 3,6.I think I have got 30 of these just today,but KIS cope with them,and get green after a few seconds,so no harm is actually done.So I have stopped the notifications. :rolleyes:

Please update your bases. Is it still detected? (I can not confirm the detection on my end).

Is it still detected?

Hi Dawgg

YES it is still dected , please view attachment.

Some favicon's also get detected, i saw this issue on another post this morning :unsure:

RESUBMITTED : of course no problem when "Ad Muncher" is activated ....

Edited by Berny

Ahh, thanks for info Berny.

To add this false-positive to exclusions, open Kaspersky's Settings and click Threats and Exclusions - (exclusions) Settings - Add.

Untick "Object" and tick "Threat type".

Enter the threat name Trojan.js.redirector.ar

Click all the OKs.

post-10444-1264425257_thumb.png

To add this false-positive to exclusions,

Thank you Dawgg, i will proceed with your advice.

Anyway "Ad Muncher" is blocking this FP :-) ,see my resubmitted message in post #20 please

Edited by Berny

It´s already fixed.

Update your databases.

I've just updated and I'm still getting the error, this is ruddy stupid.

Can't seem to visit a site now without getting this popping up. I'm thinking it may be easier just off loading the problem, kaspersky

Edited by defiant1337