Just a quick question please.

KIS 2010; Windows XP serv 3.

In KIS 2010 recently upgraded from KIS 7, I noticed that my anti banner is not on.

Is the KIS default for anti banner on or off?

I did a clean upgrade when I switched from KIS 7, so I didn't keep anything other than activation code.

Reason I'm asking is I have a problem with a particular website (photobucket), that has banner type annoying ads, and have had 2 occurances now where KIS reported an an event as a virus but then denied it getting access. Seems like it happens only when I'm on that site, so just wondering.

Would enabling anti-banner help with these types of ads that I believe trigger these events?

Or would anti-banner enabled in the long run cause problems with things like I've been reading with some discussions here.

Thanks as always

In addition to what dh27564 informed:

Is the KIS default for anti banner on or off? ...
Off.

Also, AB is configurable. You can go to anti banner reports, right click block entries and Allow items that you wish to unblock. Reload the browser after making any settings changes.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.