Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikewillnot

false Incompatible Software error for AdAware 7-8

18 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install 2010 over 2009. I get the Incompatible Software for Ad-Aware 7-8 error message. (note the hyphens in the error message) I had that at one time, but uninstalled long ago and recently installed AE. Since getting the error message I have deleted/uninstalled all Lavasoft products, folders, and related registry entries COMPLETELY. I still get the error message. As far as I can tell, there is no trace whatsoever of AAW 7-8 on this machine. How do I clear this error message? THANKS.

Edited by mikewillnot

Do a search for Ad Aware and Lavasoft to see if there are any leftovers. You should uninstall 2009 (Keep Activation Data when prompted during the uninstall) and then install 2010 - don't install over the top. See if that helps your problem.

As I said, I have completely scrubbed the registry, the programs folder, etc, of all traces of adaware. I now uninstalled 2009, and 2010 still won't install. Any further suggests? Greatly appreciated. THANKS.

I'm working on it. The GSI tool seems to be hung at the moment. Will it work properly if I have both 2010 and 2009 uninstalled? It's hung at the point "obtaining list of printers information", about 15% or 20% complete.

Edited by mikewillnot

Will it work properly if I have both 2010 and 2009 uninstalled?

Yes.

If vista, right click the getsysteminfo.exe and select Run as administrator. For XP just double click it.

I killed & restarted it. Now (3+ minutes), it doesn't get past the "obtaining list of BIOS information." about 0%.

Edited by mikewillnot

I'm deeply uncomfortable being online without any protection, so I'm reinstalling 2009. Notably, that goes in fine, with no Ad-Aware 7-8 error message. We'll see if that allows GIS to run.

09 installed and is updating fine. GIS runs, after rebooting, but only up to that same point, getting printer information. Hangs there (10 minutes). What the heck?

Edited by mikewillnot

I still can't get GSI to run. It hangs on "obtaining list of Printers information," about 20%. Here's a list of printers installed. I unstalled a bunch of unused ones already, but it didn't help.

4195363622_f330db85e8_o.jpg

I still can't get GSI to run.
Please tell us about your system, as indicated in the fifth Important topic. XP or? How much ram, startup applications, etc.

Welcome. You have Eset leftovers, etc showing in your Suspicious tab of your gsi report. Clean those up and try install and new gsi. Tips are in the fifth Important topic.

I received this same error and had to go into the registry to delete the files. Kaspersky phone/email support was of NO ASSISTANCE at all..they had me deleting internet tool bar addons and trendmicro files which never showed up and it wasn't until I told them ad-ware was a lavasoft product did they finally choose to stop responding to my emails.

Very frustrating customer support.

I received this same error and had to go into the registry to delete the files. Kaspersky phone/email support was of NO ASSISTANCE at all..they had me deleting internet tool bar addons and trendmicro files which never showed up and it wasn't until I told them ad-ware was a lavasoft product did they finally choose to stop responding to my emails.

Very frustrating customer support.

I'm just wondering if you ever found any resolution to this? I'm trying to get Kaspersky Pure installed for a client... I've done everything suggested... deleted each registry entry manually.... hundreds of them... Ran all sorts of programs.... installed every version of Ad-Aware known to man (then uninstalled)... re-deleted all registry items... Absolutely nothing. Highly frustrated!

Welcome. You can use the installer bypass workaround, but there is a big, red caution attached to it, warning to insure that any and all incompatible items are removed.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the seventh Important topic. If no incompatible items remain, I will post the installer workaround instructions.

Welcome. You can use the installer bypass workaround, but there is a big, red caution attached to it, warning to insure that any and all incompatible items are removed.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the seventh Important topic. If no incompatible items remain, I will post the installer workaround instructions.

I can't even run the GSI because it errors out w/ memory stack errors... Any ideas there?

If there is some item that I have not detected... Could that cause something disastrous when using the bypass?

I am going to post the installer workaround, but please search your system for other security applications and/or leftovers.

This option is recommended ONLY if you are absolutely sure that the third-party software was deleted but is still detected by the Setup Wizard of Kaspersky Lab 2012 products. Otherwise after the program installation the operating system may malfunction and even crash.

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/install?qid=208284360

I am going to post the installer workaround, but please search your system for other security applications and/or leftovers.

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/install?qid=208284360

Ok... Well i'm quite certain there is no trace. The only program that the installer alerts me about being on there is "Ad-Aware 7-8". I've deleted every registry item with the keywords "lavasoft" "adaware" and "ad-aware". Also have deleted every filename and folder including the same terms. Do you think I am safe to run this? Thank you so much!

Also, I do not have the "Skip" option... Is this because I am installing PURE?

Edit:

NM, following the steps now.

Edited by NWtek