Sign in to follow this  
defekt

Workstations are shown as Server in AdminKit

i've some Wokrstations running KAV 5.0.177 & 5.0.200 which are shown as a Server at the AdminKit but these Machines are Workstations!

Also the Color-Icons of all Maschines are dark RED... they're only GREEN when the just got a new policy... !? <_<

i've some Wokrstations running KAV 5.0.177 & 5.0.200 which are shown as a Server at the AdminKit but these Machines are Workstations!

Also the Color-Icons of all Maschines are dark RED... they're only GREEN when the just got a new policy... !?  <_<

Do you have some software on that WS which could be detected as server apps ?

About the colors,

red means that there is some critical stuff on that machine,so probably you hasn't scan hole hdd on that pc,and admin kit is trying to notify you about that.

They will become green when everything is Cool :)

There're no 3rd Party Toolz running which can identify the Maschines as Server.

If i understand it correctly the color depends on the policies and if the polices are running completly on the client machines?!

If i understand it correctly the color depends on the policies and if the polices are running completly on the client machines?!

Not just polices,but also the status of that PC,you know when you make

a fresh installation of kav,and after installation you that notify tip,that your pc is not scad.the red color in admin kit is the same stuff :)

about server problem:

it is realy funy :) becouse i never heard about this problem before.

which OS do you have on that PC ?

OK, now i understand the Colors..  :P

cool :) glad that help :)

hm,

i have the same Machine on my lan and i never have seen that kind of problem :)

try to add/remove that PC to Admin Kit

already done and the prob is there is not only 1 machine with that behaviour  :(

But you have some PC's that Admin KIt detect as WS ? or not ?

of course, the biggest part of the machines is detected correctly as workstation but some are shown as server in the admin-kit, these machines have w2k and xp pro sp2 installed

of course, the biggest part of the machines is detected correctly as workstation but some are shown as server in the admin-kit, these machines have w2k and xp pro sp2 installed

Can you send me your sys info provided by utility which you can find in attach ?

thanks

GetSystemInfo.zip

I can't find the post now, but this issue (workstations showing up as servers) was addressed by KL Support. Essentially it was explained that this behavior is a bug but will not effect the behavior of the product. Some issue with KAV and the MS process that determines is a machine is a server or a workstation. If you hunt old posts you might find it.

Mike

...after Updating to actual Version everything is fine - even the Workstations are shown as Workstations and no longer as Servers ;) THX!