kelvinng

AK 8.0 update failed with Operation cancelled

Maybe a problem with server service, maybe a network connection problem,... anything could have caused the problem.

Be happy that it works now :laugh3:

problem happened again on one of the admin kit 8.0.2090. Still the same, restarting kaspersky labs admin kit service solved the problem. wouldn't know why this problem happened? and when will it happen again

problem happened again on one of the admin kit 8.0.2090. Still the same, restarting kaspersky labs admin kit service solved the problem. wouldn't know why this problem happened? and when will it happen again

Could you please provide the updater trace file?

To solve the problem right now, please clear the following path (on the assumption that the system drive is "C:"): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder.

problem again happened. restarted server, admin kit update task & server group update task completed without error. :icon20:

problem again happened. restarted server, admin kit update task & server group update task completed without error. :icon20:

Please provide the updater trace file as I have asked above.

also have the same problem today

i did that fix last week regarding a different issue.... and thats when this current error message started

Failed 25 May 2010 08:34:34 Operation cancelled. 25 May 2010 08:34:39

Running 25 May 2010 08:34:34 Update source selected 'http://dnl-17.geo.kaspersky.com/'. 25 May 2010 08:34:39

Running 25 May 2010 08:34:34 Task started. 25 May 2010 08:34:39

Edited by KB2

just to confirm that after deleting contents of that folder the updates now work

.....if they still working tomorrow is another thing all together ;)

Hi all,

which directory has to be cleared on a Windows 2008 Server (64 Bit)?

Thanks

Peter

Note: It's really important to stop the process Up2Date.exe before erasing the updater temp folder.

Hi all,

Directory "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp" not there.

No 8.0 Directory anywhere on thecomputer, but had to find out that it is an SBS 2008.

Best regards

what do you meen not there ? which version of ak are u using ?

are u using AK the console from another computer? please look into AK host itself

Hi,

sorry, have been off for a while.

I am working via RDP on the Server where the admin Kit is installed. It is Version 8.0.2048. It is a SBS 2008.

Have a local share for the Updates (C:\KAV\Share\), but I do not have neither of the directories mentioned above.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

sorry, have been off for a while.

I am working via RDP on the Server where the admin Kit is installed. It is Version 8.0.2048. It is a SBS 2008.

Have a local share for the Updates (C:\KAV\Share\), but I do not have neither of the directories mentioned above.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Sorry, now did find it and deleted the content, bad mistake.

Thanks and sorry for the bandwith

try this one:

1.Stop the update task

2.Kill the process up2date.exe

3.Clean the folder:

“…\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder\''

(e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\8.0\temp\temporaryFolder\''.

4.Run the update tasks again.

if the problem still persist, then open a case and send below info to KL :

1. Please describe exactly at what step it fails.

2. Please provide us GSI: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193238548

3. Windows event logs in .evt format. such as application, Kaspersky and system events.

I have a similar issue today with our v8.0.2090 administration server. The updater task didn't complete and was reporting every hour (configured start schedule) that the task had already started.

I followed your instructions and the issue was resolved. The up2date.exe task was utilizing 50% CPU usage on the server for long periods of time prior to following the instructions, after completed the CPU usage returned to 5-20% when running the updater task.

I had the same problem with the Up2Date.exe taking 100% CPU and deleting the temporaryFolder worked for me. After deletion I just ran the update, no problems.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.