Sign in to follow this  
webman1200

Removing Incompatible CA Security Installation

I've recently uninstalled CA security via Add/Remove programs. However, when I try to install a trial version of Kaspersky Security 2010, it says that an incompatible installation of CA security is still there. I've run a removal tool by CA, manually deleted registry folders, and ran CCleaner. CA is nowhere to be found anymore; not in the registry, not in add/remove programs, all programs, etc. I've also rebooted my PC.

Is it a false reading? Is it somewhere else that I'm unaware of?

Are there any other removal tools or instructions?

My PC is on Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit.

Rajas1   

Hi,

Last day I purchased KasperSky Internet Security...

Facing same problem...

Unable to remove "CA eTrust Personal Suite"... I tried to track the files as you stated here... But there is no file or folder named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" in my system... I am using Windows 7 Professional... please help me

richbuff   

Before we start digging into the registry, let's see if CA eTrust Suite Personal is still installed.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.

jwro82   
hello

what is the exact name that the installer detects it as (the full name)

I have the same problem but i have windows 7

can you please help

jwro82   

I have the same issue, trying to upload Kaspersky but keep getting a message telling me to remove ca etrust personal suite,... ca was no help and ca etrust wants money to remove which is BS. never had so many problems before.

If you coud please give me a play by play on how to remove I would greatly appeciate it.

I even downloaded Revo uninstaller and wiped all deleted data from my laptop which took hours and still nothing.

If this sounds like a cry for help it very much is.

I had CA security Suite 2010

:dash1:

Edited by jwro82

jwro82   

:dash1: I have the same issue, trying to upload Kaspersky but keep getting a message telling me to remove ca etrust personal suite,... ca was no help and ca etrust wants money to remove which is BS. never had so many problems before.

If you coud please give me a play by play on how to remove I would greatly appeciate it.

I even downloaded Revo uninstaller and wiped all deleted data from my laptop which took hours and still nothing.

If this sounds like a cry for help it very much is.

richbuff   

Did you see the post that is quoted below?

that's the key through which it's detected.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal

since your on 64 bits you may need this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal

in both cases delete the key (right click the eTrust Suite Personal key -folder icon on the left tree view and select delete)

Emphasis added.

jwro82   
Did you see the post that is quoted below? Emphasis added.

how do i do that,not completely computer literate

can you give me instruction on where and how to access the folder and delete it please.

thank you

jwro82   

thank you for al the help but that file is not on my pc.ive sat for hours with techs and they cant find it but it still shows the same error message,,guess i just cant use kaspersky without wipeing my computer and like a dumb@ss i never made a backup disk so although i have everything backed up on mmy external harddrive so is this stupi etrust file where ever it is

richbuff   

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the seventh Important topic.

If the incompatible software does not show up on your GSI report, I will post installer work around instructions for you.