Hello, please advise my system seems to be very, very slow!!! Ran scans nothing showed up! However, under KASPERKY My Protection Status - it show 108 threats???? What is going on????? Should I post a GSI Report?

Please advise! thanks

Should I post a GSI Report?

Yes please.

Also, open Kaspersky, click Quarantine and select "all detected malware" in the dropdown list.

Click Save on the top-right and attach that txt file to your next post.

Yes please.

Also, open Kaspersky, click Quarantine and select "all detected malware" in the dropdown list.

Hello, I just sent the GSI report! Please advise! Thank you again! I really appreciate all the help!

I will also, try to attach the txt file....

Yes please.

I just uploaded the txt file! thanks again!

KASPERSKYQUARANTINE112009.txt

I just uploaded the txt file! thanks again!

Please reply and post a link to your GSI Report.

Thnx

Upload the GSI log and copy the link you are redirected to. Paste the link here so we can see it.

Its never a good idea having more than 1 antivirus product on a system.

Uninstall:

- Norton/Symantec - can do this from Control Panel-Add/Remove

- Windows Defender - can do this from Control Panel-Add/Remove

- Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner

- Webroot

Other AV uninstall instructions/advice shown here - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

Its never a good idea having more than 1 antivirus product on a system.

Uninstall:

- Norton/Symantec - can do this from Control Panel-Add/Remove

- Windows Defender - can do this from Control Panel-Add/Remove

- Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner

- Webroot

Other AV uninstall instructions/advice shown here - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

Hello, I have done what you have advised... things seem better, However - it still does not seem right! Should I upload another GSI report???

Thanks for everything!

Yes.

Is there a particular instance in which it doesn't feel right or is it just "generally"?

Yes.

Is there a particular instance in which it doesn't feel right or is it just "generally"?

Hello, here is the NEW GSI report... also, Kaspersky is showing 9 new threats! But, they seem to be quarantined! But, after running the scans - it states my system is protected... and everything is GREEN!! Please advise.... thank you in advance!!!!!!!!

The instance is; the system is running slow!!!!!

Edited by savanah

If its quarantined more, do as said in post #2.

You have not attached your PC's GSI parser link.

Quarantine

Please submit the quarantined file in C:\DocumentsandSettings to Kaspersky's Viruslab. Instructions shown here.

Make the subject of the email False Positive - HEUR:Worm.Win32.Generic

A hour or two after they reply, update Kaspersky's databases and restore the file (by right-clicking it and clicking Restore).

Send the one if you want, no real need or urgency for that. Its located in C:\SystemVolumeInformation, so the file is in no use anyway at the moment.

Performance issues

Disable Indexing Service - Click Start - Run and type in services.msc

Locate Indexing Service, right-click it and click Properties. Make the startup type manual and Stop and then OK.

Rename C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\sskbfd.sys to sskbfd.sys.old - its a remnant of Spysweeper, doesnt look like the removal tool got rid of it.

Disable Unlocker from startup, its not needed on a daily basis, so causes an unnecessary drag.

Quarantine

Please submit the quarantined file in C:\DocumentsandSettings to Kaspersky's Viruslab. Instructions shown here.

Make the subject of the email False Positive - HEUR:Worm.Win32.Generic

A hour or two after they reply, update Kaspersky's databases and restore the file (by right-clicking it and clicking Restore).

Send the one if you want, no real need or urgency for that. Its located in C:\SystemVolumeInformation, so the file is in no use anyway at the moment.

Performance issues

Disable Indexing Service - Click Start - Run and type in services.msc

Locate Indexing Service, right-click it and click Properties. Make the startup type manual and Stop and then OK.

Rename C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\sskbfd.sys to sskbfd.sys.old - its a remnant of Spysweeper, doesnt look like the removal tool got rid of it.

Disable Unlocker from startup, its not needed on a daily basis, so causes an unnecessary drag.

Hello...

Well, I tried to do everything as instructed. I tried the online scan nothing came up! I disabled the services.msc. And renamed the sskbfd.sys file. However, when I try to send the Quarantine file - for some reason it opens my Outlook which I DO NOT use... it has not ran properly in yrs... and it stops the email.

Is there an easy way I can sent it via gmail???? Thank you again... this is really hard for me... I am winging this via this forum!

In Kaspersky, click Settings and untick File-Antivirus (to disable it).

Open Kaspersky, click Quarantine, right-click the one located in C:\Documents and Settings... and restore it.

Submit the file you restored to Kaspersky's viruslab - http://support.kaspersky.com/virlab/helpdesk.html and select "false-alarm" in the dropdown list.

Remember to tick File-Antivirus again.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.