max@work

KAV6 INSTALLATION SHUTS DOWN LAN CONNECTIONS

Hi guys.

I'm updating about 20 computers with the new KAV for Windows Workstation MP4 (6.0.4.1212) via Admin Console 8

The installation process shuts down the LAN connection and then restarts it on each PCs, causing all the clients to be disconnected from our servers. Honestly this is quite strange because I probably have to install the updates when there are no users working on the PCs but in some cases this is not possible.

Let me know please if there is a solution....

Many thanks!

Bye, Max

Hi guys.

I'm updating about 20 computers with the new KAV for Windows Workstation MP4 (6.0.4.1212) via Admin Console 8

The installation process shuts down the LAN connection and then restarts it on each PCs, causing all the clients to be disconnected from our servers. Honestly this is quite strange because I probably have to install the updates when there are no users working on the PCs but in some cases this is not possible.

Let me know please if there is a solution....

Many thanks!

Bye, Max

What OS are the PCs running you're deploying to?

It was not unusual for this to occur in the previous release on XP because of the NDIS filter driver being installed. Removing the NDIS filter from installation took care of this. But I don't think you can remove the NDIS filter for Vista/Win7. I haven't rolled out the new version yet.

What is the OS from your clients? If it´s W2000 or XP 32 bit dissable NDIS-Filter. Go into the properties of the remote installation package. You find this checkbox under "Compatibility"

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.