KoRi

Problem after install on workstation

Hi all, i have a myterious problem:

I have some new cloned machine. When i installed NetAgent and KAV for Workstation (i put it from admin console), after reboot the machines disapeared from selected group and i found them in the unassigned computer's group without any installed KAV software... :blink: (The software was on the clients, but it doesn't visible on Application tab@Admin console)

I dont know whats the problem, it was before i upgrade adminkitt, and KAV for wks, and even after that. I dont even know, it is the operating system problem, or KAV.

(sorry for my bad english..)

Can you see copies of a machine in the unassigned section?

For example:-

ScottVPC

ScottVPC-1

ScottVPC-2

if so try deleting the copies and synchronising the one that is left.

As i see, the other machines works well, only the new have this problem. Sometimes when i push the refresh button, it really shows name-1 in the unassigned section, but then its disappers. And i know there is no duplicate name on lan.

Hi KoRi,

please read the following FAQ.

The reason is the installed network agent when you are cloning the PC.

Helmut

Hi, im here again and now i have same problem.

I made a new ghost image, exactly followed the image creating article.

But after restoring image, i got always same key in the registry, and even if i run klmover.exe -dupfix, (the key changed to different), after restart i see the original key again. I tried uninstall netagent, and deleting registry key, restart, reinstall netagent: now looks good. But this is a horror... :blink:

Kaspersky and the License Policy is not designed to be imaged i would say.

You've to use kldupfix (as you did) - it's like the same with the windows SID

which has to be changed if you restore your image on different machines!

There's more accurate version of image duplicating algorithm

Before making image:

1. Change Kaspersky Network Agent Service From Automatic Start To Manual

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\klnagent" /f /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "3"

or

regedit /s auto.reg

2. Stop Kaspersky Network Agent Service

NET STOP "Kaspersky Network Agent"

3. Delete Kaspersky Network Agent Unique Identifier (Just in case)

REG DELETE HKCR\CLSID\{56515165-E49A-43d0-9362-51D2671DFE6F} /f

or

regedit /s del_hostid.reg

4. Run Kaspersky Duplicate Identifier Removal Utility

C:\Progra~1\Kasper~1\Networ~1\KLMOVER.EXE -dupfix

5. Change Computername & SID - Shutdown - Save As Ghost Image

6. Download Ghost Image To New Or Same PC

On First Boot after aplying image:

1. Change Kaspersky Network Agent Service From Manual Start To Automatic

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\klnagent" /f /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "2"

or

regedit /s auto.reg

2. Run Kaspersky Duplicate Identifier Removal Utility

C:\Progra~1\Kasper~1\Networ~1\KLMOVER.EXE -dupfix

3. Change Computername & SID

4. Shutdown & Deploy

regfiles.zip

Hi, im here again and now i have same problem.

I made a new ghost image, exactly followed the image creating article.

But after restoring image, i got always same key in the registry, and even if i run klmover.exe -dupfix, (the key changed to different), after restart i see the original key again. I tried uninstall netagent, and deleting registry key, restart, reinstall netagent: now looks good. But this is a horror...  :blink:

The problem with HDD cloning occurs bacause the Administration Server 5.0 is unable to distinguish between these hosts and consider all them to be the same host which is being renamed from time to time.

After the Network Agent connects to the Administration Server for the first time after running command "klmover.exe -dupfix" the Administration Server creates separate record in DB with NEW ID for the host. That new ID can be seen in hosts' Registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{56515165-E49A-43d0-9362-51D2671DFE6F}. So, are you sure that you see the ORIGINAL key after restart ?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.