Sall

About scan encrypted connections

3 posts in this topic

I forgot is this enabled by default in Kis or?

And do you recommend that it is enabled or disabled ?

reason is lately I have gotten some problems with my internet connection when I reboot my computer, suddenly web pages are loading slow and msn wont connect at all.

Then after rebooting a couple of times or shutting down the computer and starting up again, it works normal again. Very annoying this, and I wondered if Kis could have anything to do with this ? I use Kis 2009.

I went to settings and enabled the scan encrypted connections, then rebooted my computer, and when windows started up again I got a message from windows saying that Kis was trying to install a certificate, I said no to this cause I was unsure what it was and if it was safe.

I will try contact my internet provider later today to hear what they have to say about it. My computer is always turned on 24/7, so once the connection is fine things are good untill I reboot. Right now it runs as it should, but the next time I have to make a reboot it will probably give me the same slow connection again with msn not connecting.

Edited by Sall

Scan encrypted connections is Off by default, that makes it the recommended setting, by definition. A search of Whizard's posts shows that he often provides lots of detailed information about this. End result is to turn it off, as is default.

Scan encrypted connections is Off by default, that makes it the recommended setting, by definition. A search of Whizard's posts shows that he often provides lots of detailed information about this. End result is to turn it off, as is default.

Thx m8, I will leave it off then :bf: