Sign in to follow this  
tgschmidt

Temp files in Netagent Directory

Kaspersky Antivirus for Workstations v 5.0.228

Network Agent v 5.0.0474

The machine has slowed down to a crawl. After doing some digging, there are over 65,000 tmp files located in the NetAgent directory under the Kaspersky Labs program folder. They are in the format dmp**.tmp where the stars are the counters.

I've been using these same 2 product versions on multiple machines and this is the first i've seen this. I've uninstalled and re-installed both programs. The tmp files seem to show up when the Antivirus scan is run. i'm going to remove the netagent and see if that helps but this will leave the machine unmanaged, so i'd like to figure out why this is happening. Thanks for any help.

You really should install the latest/greatest versions of these products. KAV Wkst 5.0.528 and KAV Admin Kit 5.0.1151.

MM

You really should install the latest/greatest versions of these products. KAV Wkst 5.0.528 and KAV Admin Kit 5.0.1151.

MM

the problem is that i'll have to update the admin kit, the net agent, and the wkst AV. i work as a consultant and it's kind of hard to justify the cost to my clients when there is only one machine having a problem. i'd rather know why this problem is occuring and how to avoid it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.