David643

Kaspersky Internet Security for Netbooks - Special Edition

I have recently purchased the above product for my Samsung Netbook NC10. I note that the KIS for Netbooks states that it works best with Netbooks which have upto 1GB RAM. I have copied the text below from Kaspersky's website entry for this product.

The Samsung NC10 has the capacity to be upgraded to 2GB and at some future point in time I would like to do this.

Please advise whether I can use the KIS for Netbooks with my Netbook upgraded to 2GB or whether this will cause problems. I do not have sufficient computer knowledge to form a view.

Thank you for any help offered

Regards

David

If your ultra-portable computer has...

Intel Atom, Intel Celeron-M, or VIA C7-M processor

Windows XP

1024 x 600 px screen resolution (or less)

Up to 1 GB RAM

If your ultra-portable computer has...

Anything other than an Intel Atom, Intel Celeron-M, or VIA C7-M processor

Windows Vista

Screen resolution higher than 1024 x 600 px

More than 1 GB RAM

…then Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Special Edition for Ultra-Portables is the ideal product for you!

No, with regards to ram it is a case of: "The more the merrier", the limit on a 32 bit OS like your is 3072mb, so you can safely upgrade to 2gb and will undoubtedly notice a speedier pc.

No, with regards to ram it is a case of: "The more the merrier", the limit on a 32 bit OS like your is 3072mb, so you can safely upgrade to 2gb and will undoubtedly notice a speedier pc.

Thank you Don - that is good news but I don't understand why Kaspersky state that for over 1GB customers should consider buying the standard version of KIS?

Regards

David

Where have you read that? If i look at the requirements it says 256mb is the absolute minimum, but nothing else http://www.kaspersky.com/kaspersky_interne...ultra-portables

On the link you sent - under the "Help Me Choose" tab and also on the product box itself it states

"Is this product the right choice for your computer

If your Netbook computer has

Intel Atom etc etc

Windows XP OS

etc

etc

Up to 1 GB RAM

..then Kaspersky Internet Security for Netbooks is the ideal product for you. If NOT, please consider buying the standard edition of Kaspersky Internet Security"

Yes, i edited my post.... ;) Mayve someone else can confirm, but it also cearly say that the portable version is the one for your Intel Atom processor, it would seem strange to me that they would make it a limit in the portable version, but maybe another user can confirm.

The Special Edition installs & runs perfectly fine on a netbook with 2 GB (Samsung N110).

Edited by SSK

The Special Edition installs & runs perfectly fine on a netbook with 2 GB (Samsung N110).

Thank you for the posting - but I have an NC10 rather than an N110 - so I guess the same is true as Kaspersky list the NC10 as one of few Netbooks this software has been tested on?

Yes, NC10 & N110 are almost the same hardware. KIS special edition will run on the NC10 with 2 GB ram.

Off-topic; I would recommend the upgrade to 2GB ram, the whole netbook will feel snappier :)

Edited by SSK

Yes, NC10 & N110 are almost the same hardware. KIS special edition will run on the NC10 with 2 GB ram.

Off-topic; I would recommend the upgrade to 2GB ram, the whole netbook will feel snappier :)

Thank you very much for the confirmation and advice about the upgrade

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.