mgsavbia

Activation Code - KASPERSKY Anti Virus 2010 [Merged]

mgsavbia   

Hello, I just purchased the Antivirus 2010 today.... (I have been having problems with my systems)! During my purchase, the page shut down prior to being able to print... I was able to log on and get to my account & invoice. However, the download link & the Activation Code were not there??? I just manually download the trial version........... how do I get the code?

Any and all suggestions would be great! Thank you!

P.s. I am new here... I wasn't sure where to post this!!!!

You would need to contact support, probably of Digital River Element 5 or Kaspersky. Contact the one to which you can log onto would be my suggestion.

You should probably post a GSI report to see what is causing your computer problems. Instructions are here: Click Here. If using Vista, rt. click the tool you downloaded and select "run as admin".

After you do that you can always install a trial version (30 days, complete version) of KAV and activate as trial. When you get your activation code you can enter it into the program.

mgsavbia   
You would need to contact support, probably of Digital River Element 5 or Kaspersky. Contact the one to which you can log onto would be my suggestion.

You should probably post a GSI report to see what is causing your computer problems. Instructions are here: Click Here. If using Vista, rt. click the tool you downloaded and select "run as admin".

After you do that you can always install a trial version (30 days, complete version) of KAV and activate as trial. When you get your activation code you can enter it into the program.

Hello, and thank you for your reply!

I am actually running the trial version now, it has been scanning for over 2.5 hours. Will the trial version remove the Virus that was found? Probably not??? I sent an email to tech support... hopefully they will get back to me by tomorrow!!! I am also, going to try your suggestion for the "GSI report" I have no idea what that is... however, I will follow your insturctions!

Again, Thank you!

Dzhel   

I just purchased KAV 2010 today also. I didn't have any connection problems but there was no product key in the order confirmation screen and no product key in the confirmation email (which took a couple hours to show up). I even took screenshots of the order confirmation page as I thought it was a bit strange there was no code. Even when I check my order status the serial number is blank.

I've sent an email to digital river about it but haven't gotten any response so far. Seems like they might be having some troubles today. Hopefully it'll get straightened out tomorrow.

If you need to contact them, the best link I've found so far is https://store.digitalriver.com/servlet/Cont...mp;Locale=en_US

Hello, and thank you for your reply!

I am actually running the trial version now, it has been scanning for over 2.5 hours. Will the trial version remove the Virus that was found? Probably not??? I sent an email to tech support... hopefully they will get back to me by tomorrow!!! I am also, going to try your suggestion for the "GSI report" I have no idea what that is... however, I will follow your insturctions!

Again, Thank you!

1. If there is a virus on your computer the trial WILL deal with it. In addition, (and I may be wrong here), if you computer is badly infected Kaspersky will probably not install. The trial is a complete product. The only difference is the license expires in 30 days.

2. If your scan is going for 2.5 hours you probably have conflicting programs on your computer. Please consider posting the GSI report noted above so we can help you make a smooth transition to Kaspersky.

3. Hopefully the issue with your activation code will be resolved shortly.

P.S. You intimate that a virus was found when scanning. It is possible that what you are seeing is really not a virus, but a Vulnerabilty, which is a program on your computer that needs to be updated. See this about Vulnerabilities: Click Here. It's something you'll need to become familiar with. Also, if you detect something you have questions about you can always post a screen print so we have a better idea of what is going on.

Edited by TrueGreen

mgsavbia   

Hello... I have installed & activated the full registered program.... I am infected on both systems.... I have downloaded the software for the GSI... did the report uploaded it????? I have no idea what I am doing! Please help!!! Thank you!!!! I am really worried!

Your GSI report didn't upload. You should have a .txt file on your desktop that was generated by the GSI tool. Upload it to this site: Click Here. Click on "Browse" to locate the file on your desktop and click on the file. It will appear in that window. The click on "Submit". Once you have successfully uploaded the file copy/paste the url shown to your next post.

As to being infected. Did you read the reference on Vulnerabilities (Post #5)?

Also, you could post a screenprint of what you are seeing that you think are infections. To post a screen print

PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

If you are truly infected a Moderator will help you.

Edited by TrueGreen

mgsavbia   

Your GSI report didn't upload. You should have a .txt file on your desktop that was generated by the GSI tool. Upload it to this site: Click Here. Click on "Browse" to locate the file on your desktop and click on the file. It will appear in that window. The click on "Submit". Once you have successfully uploaded the file copy/paste the url shown to your next post.

As to being infected. Did you read the reference on Vulnerabilities (Post #5)?

Also, you could post a screenprint of what you are seeing that you think are infections. To post a screen print

If you are truly infected a Moderator will help you.

The zip file is on my desktop - is that was I need to upload? thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Is this it?

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c91763&ms=0

Edited by savanah

mgsavbia   

Please use GSI Parser v4.0 :)

[/quote

Is there a link? Or, where would I find that????? I am sorry... I am really lost! I have been dealing with this since last weekend! I am really starting to feeling useless!

thank you

mgsavbia   
ok... done... downloaded into a zip file! what and where do I post it... I tried to post/upload to a site that I was directed to.... but, I am lost after that!

Hello... where & what do I do with this file now???? Please advise? Thanks!

Your GSI report from post #8 came in loud and clear and you've got some work to do:

1. From Add/Remove uninstall Spysweeper, Spysweeper Core (may be part of Spysweeper), Ask Toolbar, and Malwarebyte's Antimalware (MBAM). [You can re-install free version of MBAM later if you want]. Also uninstall Ad-Aware.

2. Under "Summary/Suspicious in your GSI scroll down to "Scanned Folders" and delete all 7 Folders listed there. If a folder or parts won't delete (warning sign about in use) download and install the free program UNLOCKER.

3. Disable Windows Defender correctly. See this: Click Here.

4. Download and install these two free tools and run them: CCleaner (Click Here and PowerTools Lite (Click Here).

5. Clean out temp files (I believe Vista has it's own tool for that--not sure about this, don't use Vista). You can also use search and for "file" type in (without quotes) "*.tmp". Again, you may need to use unlocker.

6. Download a fresh KIS installer from here: Click Here.

7. Disconnect from the internet and uninstall KIS via Add/Remove.

8. After restart Run CCleaner and PowerTools Lite again.

9. Defragment computer

10. Turn off computer and reconnect to internet. Then re-install KIS 2010 from fresh installer you just downloaded.

11. At this point let us know how you're doing. If still having problems post another GSI report after you've done all the above.

12. Re-install free MBAM if you want. See this first about red pop-up warning you may get: Click Here

P.S. Don't see any indication in GSI thay you are infected

Edited by TrueGreen

mgsavbia   
Your GSI report from post #8 came in loud and clear and you've got some work to do:

1. From Add/Remove uninstall Spysweeper, Spysweeper Core (may be part of Spysweeper), Ask Toolbar, and Malwarebyte's Antimalware (MBAM). [You can re-install free version of MBAM later if you want]. Also uninstall Ad-Aware.

2. Under "Summary/Suspicious in your GSI scroll down to "Scanned Folders" and delete all 7 Folders listed there. If a folder or parts won't delete (warning sign about in use) download and install the free program UNLOCKER.

3. Disable Windows Defender correctly. See this: Click Here.

4. Download and install these two free tools and run them: CCleaner (Click Here and PowerTools Lite (Click Here).

5. Clean out temp files (I believe Vista has it's own tool for that--not sure about this, don't use Vista). You can also use search and for "file" type in (without quotes) "*.tmp". Again, you may need to use unlocker.

6. Download a fresh KIS installer from here: Click Here.

7. Disconnect from the internet and uninstall KIS via Add/Remove.

8. After restart Run CCleaner and PowerTools Lite again.

9. Defragment computer

10. Turn off computer and reconnect to internet. Then re-install KIS 2010 from fresh installer you just downloaded.

11. At this point let us know how you're doing. If still having problems post another GSI report after you've done all the above.

12. Re-install free MBAM if you want. See this first about red pop-up warning you may get: Click Here

P.S. Don't see any indication in GSI thay you are infected

Hello & Wow.... thank you!!!! So much!!!

I will get to work! ;)

mgsavbia   
Have fun :rolleyes:

Ok... so frustrating!!!

Adaware, Spysweeper did uninstall, however, Spysweeper core (not found)?, Askbar/ Asktool bar, will not uninstall... and had to reinstall Malwarebytes to try to uninstall!

Was I supposed to re-upload the "Get System Info Folder" to the GSi Parser, to follow the Instructions 1. through 12? Well, I did this... I could not find the "folders" under 2.

Can I use the "Unlocker" to remove all of the above?

again... thank you!

mgsavbia   
Ok... so frustrating!!!

Adaware, Spysweeper did uninstall, however, Spysweeper core (not found)?, Askbar/ Asktool bar, will not uninstall... and had to reinstall Malwarebytes to try to uninstall!

Was I supposed to re-upload the "Get System Info Folder" to the GSi Parser, to follow the Instructions 1. through 12? Well, I did this... I could not find the "folders" under 2.

Can I use the "Unlocker" to remove all of the above?

again... thank you!

IS THE KIS -Kaspersky Internet Security? I was told to download a "fresh version" ??? I did not purchase that program. I only purchased the Kaspersky Anti-virus?

mgsavbia   

Hello...

I am looking for the best (Protection) for my system! I purchase the Kaspersky Anti Virus... however, I was told to download KIS???? Done...

I was going to purchase "both programs" download both... after KIS was installed, I was unable to re-install Kaspersky Anti Virus??????

Any suggestions?????????? Thanks!!!

Edited by savanah

richbuff   

Please feel free to stick with KAV, as that is what you have already purchased, and it is a great product. Basically, KIS includes the Kaspersky Firewall, and some other items. The important point is: One is not "Better", the choice depends on which you prefer. Please see: http://www.kaspersky.com/in/compare

1. Sorry about KIS, that was my mistake, didn't notice you were using KAV. If you installed KIS and want to return to KAV you need to do a complete uninstall of KIS (I'm assuming you activated as trial). Then run CCleaner and re-install KAV using the KAV activation code (which is different from KIS).

2. Spysweeper Core was probably uninstalled when you uninstalled Spysweeper. I'm not familiar with the program anymore so this is a guess.

3. If you got MBAM uninstalled, good. If not, forget about it for now.

4. These are the files you want to unstall and they are found in C:/Windows/Downloaded Program Files (a folder). Unlocker is only needed if the files won't delete. See picture:

post-12282-1254394287_thumb.png

4a. These instructions are for XP. Hopefully they apply to Vista and you are able to locate the red underlined folder which you then can open and delete the indidual files.:

a. Rt. Click on START button on bottom left and select "explore all users"

b. Scroll down to Windows and click on the "+" sign. This will expand that area.

c. Scroll down to "Downloaded Program Files Folder" and double click it to open it.

d. Individually delete each of the files (7 of them) noted in the picture. Use Unlocker if the file won't delete.

5. At this point all that needs to be uninstalled and deleted should be. AND you have KAV re-installed (If you switch to KIS you will have to buy a new license and I wouldn't do this until your KAV license expires [if you do decide to go with KIS]).

5a. Also, Windows Defender should be disabled according to instructions in #3 of my previous post (#15).

6. If everything is working now or if you are still having problems create a new GSI report and submit in it at this link: Click Here. When creating the GSI rt. click on the GSI Tool and select "run as admin".

7. Hope this is clear. And, again, sorry for the KAV confusion.

Edited by TrueGreen

mgsavbia   
Please feel free to stick with KAV, as that is what you have already purchased, and it is a great product. Basically, KIS includes the Kaspersky Firewall, and some other items. The important point is: One is not "Better", the choice depends on which you prefer. Please see: http://www.kaspersky.com/in/compare

I appreciate your response... I am just looking for the best/most secure product for my environment?!?!?!? Considering all that has transpired... which do you suggest? (See my GSI Report) Or is it possible for me to have both? Considering I purchased the Kaspersky (3 user) Anti-Virus already?!?!?!? Please advise! Thanks again!

I appreciate your response... I am just looking for the best/most secure product for my environment?!?!?!? Considering all that has transpired... which do you suggest? (See my GSI Report) Or is it possible for me to have both? Considering I purchased the Kaspersky (3 user) Anti-Virus already?!?!?!? Please advise! Thanks again!

I just saw this post and hesitate to respond. I would rely on Richbuff's comments (as to KAV vs KIS), as he is a Moderator, and definitely knows more about this than me. As he says KIS is KAV + Kaspersky firewall. At present you are using Windows firewall with KAV. (With KIS, the Windows firewall is shut off because you can't have two firewalls [excluding router]). If you are connected to a router that serves as another firewall (in effect). So what you have now is fine. My suggestion is to continue with KAV until your present license expires. At that time decide between the two. I use KIS and that is what I would suggest, but it's not worth the extra money at this time.

P.S. If you just purchased KAV license, I believe there is a 30 day guarantee. If this is the case you could contact Kaspersky sales and they would probably give you a credit for KAV and you can then get KIS if this is what you prefer. I believe, though, that this guarantee only applies if you purchased from Kaspersky online store. I don't know if this would apply outside U.S., but if you are within 30 days it might be worth looking into. If you can't do this stay with KAV for now.

P.S. again: You can't use both. You've already seen that KAV won't intstall with KIS already installed. KAV is the same anti-virus program used with KIS.

Edited by TrueGreen

mgsavbia   
I just saw this post and hesitate to respond. I would rely on Richbuff's comments (as to KAV vs KIS), as he is a Moderator, and definitely knows more about this than me. As he says KIS is KAV + Kaspersky firewall. At present you are using Windows firewall with KAV. (With KIS, the Windows firewall is shut off because you can't have two firewalls [excluding router]). If you are connected to a router that serves as another firewall (in effect). So what you have now is fine. My suggestion is to continue with KAV until your present license expires. At that time decide between the two. I use KIS and that is what I would suggest, but it's not worth the extra money at this time.

P.S. If you just purchased KAV license, I believe there is a 30 day guarantee. If this is the case you could contact Kaspersky sales and they would probably give you a credit for KAV and you can then get KIS if this is what you prefer. I believe, though, that this guarantee only applies if you purchased from Kaspersky online store. I don't know if this would apply outside U.S., but if you are within 30 days it might be worth looking into. If you can't do this stay with KAV for now.

P.S. again: You can't use both. You've already seen that KAV won't intstall with KIS already installed. KAV is the same anti-virus program used with KIS.

Whew!! I think I am "almost" finished... had a few problems removing Ad-aware, Spysweeper, asktool bar! (I think they are finally gone) I think!!! However, the 7 files (Downloaded) I can not seem to get rid of???? Even with Unlocker?!?!

I deleted the KIS & re-Installed the KAS.... I "THINK" I am in the Clear? But, this system still seems to be running slow?

Shall I re- run a new GSI test & post a New Report?

AGAIN, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!! Who, has been instrumental in helping a very "desperate" person!!!

I will wait for your replies!