Sign in to follow this  
PANTHER201

How to get replace forgotten parental password

I accidentally put a parental control on kaspersky and I have no idea what the password is. How do I change it or remove it.

Edited by PANTHER201

I accidentally put a parental control on kaspersky and I have no idea what the password is. How do I change it or remove it.

Hi and Welcome.

Unfortunately you can't. You need to uninstall in safemode and reinstall.

You will need the KIS Removal tool which you can get here ..full instructions given.

Safemode:

Windows XP

If Windows XP is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions.

If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

When you have uninstalled KIS, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would and reinstall.

Windows Vista is similar to Windows XP for starting in Safe Mode.

Turn the computer on or Restart the computer

Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected (the top option)

Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

When you have uninstalled KIS, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would and reinstall

Good Luck

oldyorkie

:blink: :blink: oops...sorry guys....got crossed wires over couple of stickys and looks like I wrote and pasted without reading it through myself before posting.

Figured I would take my mind off my own current issues with KIS and "help" someone else. ....A lesson learned.

I should have... :rtfm: properly.

my humblest apologies.

oldyorkie