Randyboy99

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

5 posts in this topic

When I installed this app last night my KAV 2009 said it was Trojan like and ende d up putting it in quarantine. I uninstalled it and tried it again and it gave me the same thing and this time it added riskware by it's driver. What am I supposed to do with this software. I paid for it and now it's acting worse than a real piece of malware.? I had this installed before and I remember something about the driver, but Trojan. I even downloaded from a reputable site and it still came back with the Trojan like behavior. What is a poor boy to do? It's got my MBAM setup in Quarantine. What am I supposed to do with that? It looks as though the app is in my notification tray, working. This is really confusing me now.

Edited by Randyboy99

1. See this, especially post #4: Click Here

2. Open KIS>My Security Zone (on left)>Application Activity (blue writing about middle rt. side)>open drop down menu and select "All". Find anything related to MBAM and click it and delete.

3. Delete MBAM from quarantine.

3a. If MBAM shows in ADD/Remove uninstall it. If you get the popup during uninstall ALLOW it.

4. Re install MBAM, this time ALLOW or ADD TO EXCLUSIONS (better).

5. MBAM free version is compatible with KIS. Paid version may not be because it has real-time protection which may conflict with KIS.

Edited by TrueGreen

Hello,

Please see another thread regarding MalwareBytes

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=118485

Berny ++++

Thanks for the responses. I've pretty well squared it away for now, but I've got a question of sorts. I was running MBAM next to KAV 2009 and I don't think I ever really had a problem with the 2 running together with real time protection on. I even ran that tool that Charles left the link for, The GSI tool, and the results showed no problems that I could see. If someone knows how to read the results properly of the GSI tool they could let me know if MBAM was conflicting with my KAV 2009. I'll upload the results if someone wants to take a look, just let me know. What I had to ask was if MBAM and KAV 2009 were ok to run together with full protection. Like I said, I've had no problems so far, but I'm still not sold until I hear from the powers that be or someone checks my GSI results. Please feel free to comment on this.

Thanks for the responses. I've pretty well squared it away for now, but I've got a question of sorts. I was running MBAM next to KAV 2009 and I don't think I ever really had a problem with the 2 running together with real time protection on. I even ran that tool that Charles left the link for, The GSI tool, and the results showed no problems that I could see. If someone knows how to read the results properly of the GSI tool they could let me know if MBAM was conflicting with my KAV 2009. I'll upload the results if someone wants to take a look, just let me know. What I had to ask was if MBAM and KAV 2009 were ok to run together with full protection. Like I said, I've had no problems so far, but I'm still not sold until I hear from the powers that be or someone checks my GSI results. Please feel free to comment on this.

Yes, it should be ok to use with 2009/2010, just add it.